Question on Batteries

for 7k I wouldnt do less than 4 d3100s....
I am running 2 2500s strapped at 1 ohm, with 1 3100 in the trunk....It really depends on your alt, and how much you plan on playing with your car off. 4 3100s is overkill.
I'll start off with 3 of them. If I clip even once due to voltage, I'm ordering me a 4th battery. But I rarely, if ever, play music loud with the engine off.

Well this thread seems like a great place to ask a question regarding my setup. If I need to start my own thread then please let me know... I have a DD9512 running off of an Orion 2500D, it is running at 2 ohms so I am running 1700wrms. As of right now I am running stock everything, but my question is that I know I am clipping my amp due to lack of voltage. What do I need to do that will let me run this setup to its full potential with the cheapest route? My alternator is 130amps, I found one on ebay for $130 for a 200amp but I was wanting a little more powerful if I went that route. Any help would be taken thank you.

Well this thread seems like a great place to ask a question regarding my setup. If I need to start my own thread then please let me know... I have a DD9512 running off of an Orion 2500D, it is running at 2 ohms so I am running 1700wrms. As of right now I am running stock everything, but my question is that I know I am clipping my amp due to lack of voltage. What do I need to do that will let me run this setup to its full potential with the cheapest route? My alternator is 130amps, I found one on ebay for $130 for a 200amp but I was wanting a little more powerful if I went that route. Any help would be taken thank you.
Start by doing the big 3, and check how your voltage looks. If you are still having issues, a nice AGM near the amp should take care of it.

Start by doing the big 3, and check how your voltage looks. If you are still having issues, a nice AGM near the amp should take care of it.
Yeah I keep wanting to do the big 3, but kinda intimidated by it because of im scared of frying my car or something else for that matter. Sounds like a pretty big job so I have never done it.

dude... its three wires...
Dude.... its three wires that scare me lol, it holds electricity which can start fires... legitimate fear I think, but hey about a month ago I ran my first 1/0 install by myself so I am getting better. I just gotta get around to trying it.

I just bought a set of redtops have 250 alt,big 3/5 done, and the batts crapped on me,and exchanged under warranty,and they are going through the same process it seems..I never had an issue with running red tops up untill last year and a half,seems like they arent made like they used to be..I mean, how many times do i need to exchange under warranty to get a good battery??Its a pita for sure ,and takes my time up..Was thinking about going with Shrunken,xs,and even orileys batts in which have an awesome warranty even??Im in need of new batts, and those are the 3 im looking into,bigsix helped me out on some guy with agm batts, but havent heard back from him yet local..I dont know how the blue tops will perform, but id say stay away from the reds for sure..they need get the issues fixed with them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.