Question on Batteries

_Vince
10+ year member

So I'm in a predicament where I need batteries...

I can do (3) XS3100 or (6) Blue-Top Optimas.

I was told that the 6 Optimas will actually be better than the 3 XS because it's more reserves, but I'm not to positive on if that is true.

So pretty much, my question is should I do 3 XS3100 or 6 Blue-tops?

(System will be daily as well as competed)

mine is based on potential power per pound. And the consideration of the future needs. I have always found that when I do quantity over quality I wish I had taked the other road. Will the Optimas work? Absolutely, will they out perform the XS probably not, the 3100 is amost 2x the Ah rating of the blue top and the max current is also much greater with the XS than the blue top. that is just my opinion. but I will say that I have been through just about every brand of battery and I personally use XS.

for 7k I wouldnt do less than 4 d3100s....
I am running 2 2500s strapped at 1 ohm, with 1 3100 in the trunk....It really depends on your alt, and how much you plan on playing with your car off. 4 3100s is overkill.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.