Question about wiring with ignition and switch 12+ power

Participant count
  • Participant list

bbaker1210

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I’m replacing my cars radio, and in the user manual for the wiring of the new radio, it says to test the radio (before installation) it says the ACC wire and the 12+ V wire should touch the positive pole of the battery and the ground wire should touch the negative pole in order to turn on.
Should I cross the ACC wire and the wire that will be supplying power when I install the radio, or would that drain the battery?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    766.4 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    649.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Alright. There are two illumination wires in stock and only one in the new wiring kit. What would I do there?
If you have a multimeter, see which one sweeps the voltage when you use the dimmer knob. If they both do it, choose one and see the function characteristics as you use the radio at night.

Last edited:
If you have a multimeter, see which one sweeps the voltage when you use the dimmer knob. If they both do it, choose one and see the function characteristics as you use the radio at night.
I don’t have a multimeter. Should I just pick one and see its function? It is a touch screen stereo

30 bucks on Amazon and you can get this one got one similar and works just fine.

or their other version

the 1st one also has a 25% coupon at checkout and the 2nd one has 5% for basic stuff works fine. I have a 500 dollar fluke that dad got at Mobil Oil for free that I also use and for setting amplifiers I just use the cheap 30 dollar one as it works and it has the same numbers that the Fluke does when I set gains so the Fluke is just used for other stuff at my dads house.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...