Question about what speakers will work in my setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

tommyarmour
10+ year member

I own a 2017 Accord Touring with the premium system. I was originally going to install:

JL Audio Fix86 Sound Processor

Jl Audio C2 components up front

jl Audio C2 Coaxle in the the rear deck

Jl Audio HD 900/5

Jl Audio 12w6v3 in JL Box in the trunk

I found out a few things after I bought all this stuff. I found out the signal from the head unit to the factory amp is flat, you can just splice in right before the amp run 3 sets of rca's to the trunk connect to 5 channel amp, run speaker wires to the doors and sub, I already ran the Amp wiring. 4 gauge RF kit.

Since the DSP is flat from the head unit. There is a guy that makes a Mercman harness that enables me to not cut up my factory wiring. Just plug and play, while I was waiting on that(still waiting) I stupidly bought some Hertz MLK 165.3 Legends Components I keep hearing everyone say excellent stuff about the Hertz MLK line. So now Im in a dilemma. I returned the Fix 86 for a trade the JL Audio c3's . Now with the Hertz MLK up front, will I even hear the c3's? if I put them in the rear deck. And the C3's are components I will have to get some tweeter pods to be able to use the components in the rear deck. I think the speaker up front might just be too good of a speaker setup. I should of just used the c3's up front and a set of c2's in the rear. But nope i just had to hit that auction button with 10 seconds left. Thinking I got a great deal. I got the set of the MLK 165.3 for $600.00 no tax on ebay. NO returns either. Then I found a set for 450 the next day. Maybe those were the pro's I don't know.

So what do you think:

Hertz MLK 165.3 Legends up front

JL Audio c3 6.5" COMPONENTS IN THE REAR

HD 900/5 POWERING THEM BOTH. Ill have to run two sets of speakers wires off the amp to the tweeters and mids for the rear speakers. That might be another problem. Is that advisable, I know for the front there are individual speaker wires for the tweeters and mids, in the rear there is only one set.

And finally the 12w6v3 in JL specified box.

Should I only run the mids in the trunk and let the millie tweets do it all up front. Or since I have components do I just want to get pods and split the signal to the rear speakers.

Any help would be appreciated

sounds good but i'd want more power to w6 (i have 500rms to my pioneer ported which has 96db rating).. u can get 2 good amps and 2 sundown e 12's or 1sa or any of a few other nice subs with the amps for same $ or less than just that jl amp..

Ditch the rears. Get the TwK. Run the Mille active(mad jealous btw)

Learn to tune

Sound proof the **** out of the car

Get gold
Thanks,

So you honestly wouldn't install the c3's in the rear 75w rms speakers, seems like nothing when you look at the Hertz Mille's. Its a pretty big cabin in the accord touring, I'd certainly like to fill it. I could sell or return a few sets of c2's, and resale the c3's on ebay or amazon. And have enough to pick up another set of MLK's 165.3 for the rear deck. It would just take a little longer. I did pick up some noico 80mil sound deadening, enough for all 4 doors, and the trunk. I plan on getting a few cd's to help me tune, I thought about the twK works good with the fix82 right? Or by itself Get Gold? What's that? You mean terminals, or something else?

By the way BOOMINGGRANDPA the HD 900/5 The 500watt RMS will really pound that 12w6 Hard. I was just using a JL Audio JX500/1 on that sub, and it would take the wind out of you in a hatchback. LOL the HD should sound alot better with the same RMS.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.