Can early 90s Earthquake PA-2300 Amp be run at 2ohm mono

Participant count
  • Participant list

fat

i have some ancient gear i just fished out of my old van.

4 12" Kicker Freeair 8ohm drivers and Earthquake PA-2300 are the items in question. im pretty sure the amp is the first year of that model.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/JmcvH0zUmNA/maxresdefault.jpg

i had the 12s hooked up in series stereo. 2 per side. i dont have a vehicle to install right now but when i do i was wondering if i could run mono and 2ohm. i dont know why i bought 8ohm speakers way back when and guess they were in stereo cuz they sounded best that way. i remember wanting to try them in 2ohm but didnt. the paperwork only shows ratings for 4ohm mono and 2 and 4ohm stereo.

questions are:

would it be a bad idea to run 2ohm mono? i messaged Earthquake and no answer.

there is no way i know of to get four 8ohm speakers to be 4ohm on one channel. maybe there is a way?...

thanks all

fat

2 x 300W @ 4 ohms

2 x 550W @ 2 ohms

1 x 1150W @ 4 ohms bridged

THD: 0.015%

S/N Ratio: 110dB

Built by Zed Audio

Your choices as they stand. I wouldn't even try...as that's a good amp.

Unlike todays some amps are capable of running 2 ohms and some other ohm load/stereo simultaneously.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.