Question about port placement

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lingerfelt
10+ year member

BRB, CEO'N
I plan on using this design for two 12" Type R's in my Blazer, thanks to whoever designed it, it's been saved on my computer so long I forget where I got it from.

Anyway, my question is, can I keep the same dimensions of the box, but make it so the subs are pointed up, and the port is facing back?

Will this affect the tuning?

will work just fine. try to keep the subs close to the front baffle though. it makes a minimalistic difference, but if you ever decide to compete might as well try to gain every 1/10th of a db

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I'm trying to do 4 18 inch resilient sound platinums in a cpillar flat wall .4 to 5 cubes per was told they like 12 to 16 inches per cube . I have...
Personally I'd likely go slot ported with the low tuned side of the box and aero on the high tuned side. 6th orders are just big by design
Yep. Point A. The last 3/4 of an inch on the exit end of the port won’t count in the displacement though. Take 3/4 off your length. You also have...
One or two, they are still subwoofer outs and are mono summed signals from both left and right. Even the 2 RCA subwoofer pre-outs on the 2nd one...

About this thread

Lingerfelt

10+ year member
BRB, CEO'N
Lingerfelt
Shelby Township, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date