question about HU install

Participant count
  • Participant list

hc3_cuz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
detroit
i just installed my kenwood excelon ddx-7015 and it only works when i connect power wire and yellow wire together. why is that? is it because i didnt buy the expensive wire harness for my car (the one with the door chime and all that...) or is it somethin else.

i didnt buy one for my malibu either, i used a harness for a saturn, they have em at best buy or alot cheaper at a stereo shop somewhere.. the only thing about em is the front and rear speaker connections on the harness are backwards.

i didnt buy one for my malibu either, i used a harness for a saturn, they have em at best buy or alot cheaper at a stereo shop somewhere.. the only thing about em is the front and rear speaker connections on the harness are backwards.
did u have to tie red and yellow wires together in da malibu for da HU to work?

oh, yea i didnt even answer the question lol. i did on mine, the red and yellow from the deck to the hot from the car.
lol o ok i guess i wont worry about it for now i will just hit da off button every time i get out da car i will have pics up on here and ecr as soon as i get the rest of my **** installed..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.