Question about audacity

Participant count
  • Participant list
I don't want to get into changing the song. I just want to view a certain frequency range to see where the peaks are.
Exactly. High-pass it and low-pass it like I said, then use the Plot Spectrum tool. After you find the frequency, all you have to do is exit out of Audacity without saving over the song (or just undo twice)

Did you try switching the Frequency Analysis Algorithm to Spectrum, Size to 4096 or higher, and Axis to Log frequency? Granted, you must select a small sample of music data prior to doing this.

If that is not enough for you, you could always export your results to a text file and rebuild your graph in a spreadsheet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.