question about ai net cable

Participant count
  • Participant list
I just got a new alpine ai net cable for ipod to switch out my old one , and it doesn,t fit . Did I get the wrong
Which Alpine do you have? Some have full speed control for iPods (KCE-422i, just a cable, not Ai-Net) while others need the KCA-420i (seperate box, hooks up to Ai-Net) adapter for the iPod. There's also a PAC iPod adapter for the Alpine HUs, which have no box, connect to the Ai-Net, and give you control with the iPod, not the HU. PAC also has a generic KCE-422i, so be careful to not purchase this when looking for the Ai-Net cable.

Which Alpine do you have? Some have full speed control for iPods (KCE-422i, just a cable, not Ai-Net) while others need the KCA-420i (seperate box, hooks up to Ai-Net) adapter for the iPod. There's also a PAC iPod adapter for the Alpine HUs, which have no box, connect to the Ai-Net, and give you control with the iPod, not the HU. PAC also has a generic KCE-422i, so be careful to not purchase this when looking for the Ai-Net cable.
i got the one that has no box that just give you control of your ipod. i got a alpine 9855

btw i got this cable

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_10054_iPod+to+Alpine+AI-NET+Adapter.html

if its not the right one which one should i get

That one should work. It's what I use on my 9855 now. Make sure to go into the menu and turn on the AUX. It won't automatically know that it's plugged into the back. That's my favorite one because it gives you the dock sound quailty and iPod control. The KCA-420i is pretty slow and cumbersome.

You're saying the older iPod adapter cable fit and was the same one as the new one? Then you may have a defective cable. The wire does stick up on them when it's plugged in. It only fits that one way.

You're saying the older iPod adapter cable fit and was the same one as the new one? Then you may have a defective cable. The wire does stick up on them when it's plugged in. It only fits that one way.
Yea the older cable fits right in the back easily as the new one doesn't. Now I just gotta call sonix and see if they take an exchange

Nevermind I got it to work. I got it to work without the red and ground wire. Is that ok or should I connect the ground with the stereo ground and the red with the stereo red

Nevermind I got it to work. I got it to work without the red and ground wire. Is that ok or should I connect the ground with the stereo ground and the red with the stereo red
That's just for charging the iPod. You'll have no trouble using it without those hooked up. If you want it to charge your iPod hook them up. Some iPods charge off 5V instead of 12V. These will not be compatible with charging. They would be the 2nd gen iPod touch, the 4th gen nano, and the iPhone. You can find cables like yours on eBay with a built in voltage converter to drop it to 5V if you have one of those iPods. The 5V charging is supported by all iPods as that is the voltage of a USB drive.

That's just for charging the iPod. You'll have no trouble using it without those hooked up. If you want it to charge your iPod hook them up. Some iPods charge off 5V instead of 12V. These will not be compatible with charging. They would be the 2nd gen iPod touch, the 4th gen nano, and the iPhone. You can find cables like yours on eBay with a built in voltage converter to drop it to 5V if you have one of those iPods. The 5V charging is supported by all iPods as that is the voltage of a USB drive.
nice info dude,nice to see someone knows what they're talking about.

nice info dude,nice to see someone knows what they're talking about.
Thanks, I try to not give any advice if I don't feel I'm qualified to do it. I've tried so many different iPod adapters for my 9855 and the 5V cable is the one I ended up using. I also use the Pioneer version of it for my 800PRS.

ok hey thanks for the info

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.