question about '85 supra mounting kit

Participant count
  • Participant list

caucasianrob

i cannot seem to find a mounting kit for my 1985 toyota supra. i called and a car audio place said that i did not need one.. but the guy installing it said that i do need one.. if anyone knows if i do need one, and where i might be able to get one, please let me know

Originally posted by caucasianrob i cannot seem to find a mounting kit for my 1985 toyota supra. i called and a car audio place said that i did not need one.. but the guy installing it said that i do need one.. if anyone knows if i do need one, and where i might be able to get one, please let me know
I am not positive, but how large is the slot for the radio and what radio are you putting in? There are a good few vehicles that a mounting kit is not required for especially if the right head unit is purchased for it. It's just possible the guy doing your install has little to no clue what he is really doing in which case I would suggest not letting him do the job. (fire bad for vehicles)

Toyota very, very, very rarely needs a kit. However if what's in there now takes up a 2 DIN area you should buy a DIN pocket (about 12 bucks) that may be the "kit" the dude is referring to. If there is already a pocket under the stereo then all you need is the toyota wiring harness.

Good luck!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.