Quantum Audio?????

JBL's are very overrated aren't they? I have one that is supposed 2 put out 1200w RMS @ 4 ohms, and it definetley is not making my 1000w RMS 5000w Peak sub sound very loud...

Don't waste your money on any amp that has 4 25 amp fuses that claims to do 1800 watts rms. I only see you getting 1000-1200 watts @ 1ohm. Go with a proven brand with a good track record. There are no hidden gems out there anymore because most of it is made over seas. You will end up spending more than you want buying cheap amps. Check fuse ratings if you're worried about the rms power. Most real amps will put out 1000 watts with 3 30 amp fuses. I don't think you'll ever find a Quantum like that. JBL is CEA rated, Quantum is not. Look at it this way. That Quantum can't come close to a Kicker ZX1500.1 and most of their birth sheets don't make 1800 watts, but come close.

Their is nothing wrong with the Quantum Audio amp's. Sure they are far from the best but they are reliable amp's that put out a decent amount of power and for the price are decent amps. Which amp are you looking at?

If an amp can't get within 200 watts of the stated rms, it's not a decent amp! I just hate companies that make false claims about their product.

Their is nothing wrong with the Quantum Audio amp's. Sure they are far from the best but they are reliable amp's that put out a decent amount of power and for the price are decent amps. Which amp are you looking at?
Likely, it's the QA1800D. And it has 4 25A fuses according to the user manual.

A little bit of quick math can reveal a lot:

• 100A * 14.4V = 1440W
  • 1440W * 85% max efficiency = 1224W
Even at 100% efficiency with a 16V input, this amp will not even come close to it's "rated" 1800W RMS @ 1 Ohm. It's still off by a margin of 11%. That's huge when you're talking 1800W RMS. So, there's a lot wrong with Quantum amps.

There is a difference between peak power and rms power...the rating on the Quantum is peak power it is possible under the right conditions the amp will peak at its rated power but won't do that by any means daily...your probally looking at around 1000 rms daily....the Quantums are extremelly affordable and reliable...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.