Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Decent

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
For that money, you could get R's, CVX's, CVR's.....IMO those are better, Had 2 of the Quantum 12's and it wasn't impressive at all compared to my CVX's in the same box (4.5 cubes ported)

well in all honesty im looking at these because i only have about 6.5" of mount depth.....and cvx are $200 a peice as far as ive found....and type R's are 7.5" mount depth so im a bit limited in selection and i have looked at the majority of possible options...im still looking so im open to ideas that are within my price range

actually they are louder than a cvx. they are nice subs for the money. ur not going to break and spl records but a good daily pounder...
IDK where you heard that.....

The quantum's i had were their beefy subs....

Put them in the same box as the CVX's, on the same power, in the same vehicle and they were no where close....

O.P, CVX's can be found way cheaper, Mine were 260 for the pair..

^ did they have the cast basket? the cast basket quantum"spl" were not a good spl sub but a good daily sub and owned a cvx for the same dealer cost. its not fair the quantum spl had a 3" coil so would handle way more power.

i was sponcered by db drive and have sold them for yrrrrrs so i know all about the quantum line...

IDK where you heard that.....
The quantum's i had were their beefy subs....

Put them in the same box as the CVX's, on the same power, in the same vehicle and they were no where close....

O.P, CVX's can be found way cheaper, Mine were 260 for the pair..
this is your problem, you can't compare one sub to another when it's not in it's spec box. You need to build both to spec and see how they perform. That would be like saying I'm going to compare a DD to a DC and put it in the DC's small box. You'll get the full potential out of the DC but not the DD because it requires a different box.

quantum audio is db research's middle of the road.

1# db drive

2#quantum audio

3#bass inferno

there is also hypnotic but that is rebadged db drive speed series and quantum.

its there because there is a price point to reach out to and you can easily bang down the streets in the 140db+ area. masses dont spend hundreds per woofer. for the price they are hard to beat and easily handle rated power...

^ did they have the cast basket? the cast basket quantum"spl" were not a good spl sub but a good daily sub and owned a cvx for the same dealer cost. its not fair the quantum spl had a 3" coil so would handle way more power.

i was sponcered by db drive and have sold them for yrrrrrs so i know all about the quantum line...
I just bought a quantum audio cozmic series 10 for 20 bucks. Is that a good deal?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...