Quality of Products on Ebay?

iver729
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Has anyone ever bought from seller 2ndturn on Ebay. They are selling Pioneer HU's. Each one of their listings says the item is "Tested Working", but nothing about it cosmetically. They are selling everything from low end to the higher end models. I just want to know what I'm getting myself into before I bid.

Just be certain you understand what you're getting before you buy.

I clicked on one of his listings just as a sample - a DEH-P7700MP - and even though it is listed as "Tested Working" and "Overall Good Condition" cosmetically, it would appear that all you get with that auction is the unit itself and the faceplate.

No wiring harness, no mounting sleeve, no remote, no manual, no trim ring.

I've looked a lot of his listings and most of them are like the one you saw. There is though, a few diamonds in the rough, that are only missing a faceplate case or something else non-essential. It does make me wonder though, what they mean when they say the item is in "overall good condition" cosmetically.

i'd skip it. those type of sellers move so much stuff so quickly, kinda like a pawn shop or flea market. they have no idea how well it was taken care of, amount of use it has had, or any specific details about the item for the most part. they just plug it in and look at the face, and give it a quick 5 second evaluation. sure the majority are probably good units that will last a long time, but i spend a little more when it comes to electronics.

i learned on ebay you should always follow your gut feeling, i bought a phone off there and had a bad feeling about it and sure enough i paid 35 dollars for overnight shipping and it came a week later, so i called fedex they told me theyd refund the shipper and they person i bought it from was some company called phonesource USA and they were complete dicks and wouldnt refund me

moral of the story, if u have any doubt at all dont buy it

You pay more at Crutchfield but if anything goes wrong they handle it. Their customer service is second to none. I'll gladly pay a little more for peace of mind and customer support.

Here is some tips about ebay in general.

Always check feedback. If the seller has little or no negative feedback and many sales, you shouldn't have a problem. It is harder to tell with smaller sellers with maybe 100 sales instead of 1000.

Be wary of sellers with more than a couple negatvie feedback ratings, even if they have a 99.9% positive feedback score. The higher number of negative feedback left for a seller typically means that they were doing something wrong.

That said, be sure to find the comments left by those who left the seller negative feedback. Often someone will complain about something that's a bit ridiculous, and at other times they may say "broken product" and the seller will reply and say "please contact me for a return." You can usually tell the demeanor of the seller this way.

Also count mutually withdrawn feedback as negative feedback as well. A lot of sellers will leave you negative feedback if you leave them negative feedback and then offer to mutually withdraw it. A famous seller for doing that is sadly one of ebays richest self-made millionares who sells used and often DOA, generic brand hard drives in a homemade enclosure, markets them as western digital or maxtor under the name narro (http://www.badnarro.com).

Know the price of the item you are buying. If you are buying something that everyone else is selling the same item in the same condition etc for twice as much or more, it might be a fake or a scam.

Finally, here is a rule to never break. NEVER buy anything from China under any circrumstances. In China, it is legal to counterfeit and I am seeing more and more Chinese fakes every passing day on ebay.

If you do what I said, you should never have a bad ebay transaction. I know from experience //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I'd be scared of that guy. He has 94 bad feedback ratings in the past month alone and 103 neutral (although 6216 positive). But from reading the negative and neutral feedback, people were saying that items were DOA or very damaged and not as described or that he shipped the wrong item entirely and wouldn't give a refund.

You might be able to buy it and have no problems, but this is one that I would forget about.

crutchfield or sounddomain.com is the only places I would go to buy a HU. Mostly becaes they provide instructions for installation and provide free wiring harness. Never had any problem.
sonicelectronics is pretty much my only choice for audio on ebay. they give the warranty and they are straight forwerd with you and listing is what it says. also they give free harness and trim rings for your specific vehicle...

plus their stuff is all new new no-refurbs, and they are local to me i dont have to pay shipping.. just pay online and by the time i drive there my order is pulled..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.