Quality of jbl amplifiers

GTO1200.1 was just as good as my kicker zx1000.1, if not better. Both claimed to put out ~1,100rms. If I had to buy again, I'd pick the GTO over the kicker. Love the plexi glass look

I liked the BPX series with Crown Technology in the earlier days of Class D subwoofer amplifiers. Of course I wouldn't go out on a limb and say the BPX offered any audible improvements over the Rockford Fosgate Power BD series or Crossfire BMF1000d I owned from about the same time period.

I was looking at the GTO's a couple months back and noticed a bunch of factory refurb's on ebay. Is it from noobs hooking them up wrong/clipping or are they prone to failure? I just get concerned when I see a particular brand/model refurbed on ebay a lot.

I was looking at the GTO's a couple months back and noticed a bunch of factory refurb's on ebay. Is it from noobs hooking them up wrong/clipping or are they prone to failure? I just get concerned when I see a particular brand/model refurbed on ebay a lot.
I noticed the same thing. A lot of them were being sold directly from Harmon.

I'd chalk most of it up to user incompetence. Of course Harmon/JBL/infinity makes a shitload of gear so law of averages say they would have a good ammount of factory defectives too.

I bought one of the refurbs for a friend's car and I though it was a great amp for the money and we didn't have any reliability issues with it. All in all, I've had good luck with all te Harmon/JBL/INFINITY products I've used ever and I've used quite a few. IMO same quality or better than most of the really big brands (Kenwood, Alpine, RF, Pioneer, etc.) and generally a better price.

We are talking about the company that made the GTi subwoofers and the Crown amps... They have low mid and high end offerings and all IMO are pretty competitive in their classes.

My 755.6 is a very solid amp and has taken a beating. The only thing I don't like about it is that has plastic mounting feet that have broken on me twice.

I'd chalk most of it up to user incompetence. Of course Harmon/JBL/infinity makes a shitload of gear so law of averages say they would have a good ammount of factory defectives too.
I bought one of the refurbs for a friend's car and I though it was a great amp for the money and we didn't have any reliability issues with it. All in all, I've had good luck with all te Harmon/JBL/INFINITY products I've used ever and I've used quite a few. IMO same quality or better than most of the really big brands (Kenwood, Alpine, RF, Pioneer, etc.) and generally a better price.

We are talking about the company that made the GTi subwoofers and the Crown amps... They have low mid and high end offerings and all IMO are pretty competitive in their classes.
This makes me wonder why I never read about people using JBL amps or woofers. I guess they are not the internet boners like Sundown, RD Audio, Stetsom, etc. Also I have noticed that a lot of older people use the JBL products.

I have been with JBL for about three years and I have not used any other amplifier for more than a few days and had to switch back to my babies haha. I have never heard a more cleaner sound from any amplifier as far as SQL goes I love JBL amplifiers. I have a 1400.1 a 700.1 and a A605 all great amps.

if the price is right jbl is fine, but looking at their mono amps, and the prices, u can get more power for the same money.

their 2/4 channels looked good on prices though

Mine was a factory refurb (1200.1), seemed brand new. I feel more comfortable going with refurbs. They were already broken/defective and the problem(s) have been addressed and fixed.

I wish I would have known about JBL 4 years ago. I could have saved myself lots and lots of money. All of their mono amps are 2 ohm amps and I always run my subwoofers at 2 ohms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.