Pyle PLA485 / Morel Tempo Ultra 602

cas0586

WV
Dug up an old Pyle PLA485 2CH Amplifier I was given some time ago. Also recently purchased a Morel Tempo Ultra 602 component set for front stage. Component set is rated for 120WRMS. The amplifier is claiming 130W. The manual does not state RMS, but many places online are stating that it is RMS. Any thoughts on this? Will this amplifier not do these speakers any justice? I am tempted to get a 4CH amplifier and go active, but I have no experience with that.

If active is the answer any suggestions on a [<$200] 4CH amplifier to drive the Morels midbass and tweeters separately?

mtu602.png

pla485.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This little thing probably doesn’t even make 200 watts. I would towards a Korean made 4 channel around $200

and the thd rating on sonic electronics is 1.04% not 0.04% hmmm 

E69F6C7F-BAFD-4587-A81D-4D0C4B73B986.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
You can do so much better than that Pyle amp.  I'd say get the Pioneer GM-D9605 5-channel amp.  This way you have the amp to push a sub when you decide to get one.  And, it's only $208 on Amazon.  Much better power for your Tempo Ultras than the Pyle, also.

You can get the Pioneer GM-D8604 for around $130. 4 channel that puts out over 100rms per channel (proven on dyno). I would'nt run the Pyle unless you really had no choice. It's just not a good product. 

I picked up a US Acoustics Barbara Ann to drive these. The Pyle was only something laying around that was given to me. It was used on an MTX Thunder 4000 10" on power wheel trailer then went unused.

I picked up a US Acoustics Barbara Ann to drive these. The Pyle was only something laying around that was given to me. It was used on an MTX Thunder 4000 10" on power wheel trailer then went unused.
Well that sounds better. A US Acoustics Barbara Ann. Now your getting some place. A suggestion, you can use that Pyle for a door stop, or just better yet take it to that next electronic waste recycle collection round up most cities have every few months. 😀

the name Pyle used to mean something good, now its quite a bit more literal. Why arent people recommending the Zapcos more? Good amps, good power and i havent seen anywhere where people have reported them releasing their magic smoke. You can cook an egg on them when running them hard at 2 ohms, but thats how theyre designed to run

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.