Pyle AMP what subs to go along?

83GT50
10+ year member

Hey i have a pyle amp with a shitty audiobahn sub. I have been looking to upgrade for a while now, and im finally just going to do it. I really want to keep the amp as it has been a good amp for me. It is a 1000 watt amp...well, so it says anyways (cheaper amps are sometimes over rated) and im looking for possibly a used sub 1000 wrms with good bump and good sq. Let me know what you guys think.

Hey i have a pyle amp with a shitty audiobahn sub. I have been looking to upgrade for a while now, and im finally just going to do it. I really want to keep the amp as it has been a good amp for me. It is a 1000 watt amp...well, so it says anyways (cheaper amps are sometimes over rated) and im looking for possibly a used sub 1000 wrms with good bump and good sq. Let me know what you guys think.
the 1000watts is an ILS rating, so you'll never get anywhere near 1000watts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I don't even think 100

I cant find out at what ohm. I have searched and searched but i found nothing on specs of the AMP. Sorry, i will search some more and see if i can find out. Thanks for the quick response.

if you buy a good sub your going to need a good amp to push it. that amp wont do much for a good sub. i would sell that too and get a decent amp and sub. im not sure which would be worse your amp or your sub honestly. im leaning more towards the amp being worse. you probably have a high distortion 200 watt amp there.

you can get a nice budget system for cheap if you look into it and watch what you buy. you will get better output out of an amp and sub of better quality even if they are not even half the power ratings of the equipment you have.

if your going to keep that amp you may as well keep the sub too imo.

or one brutus b10d2 and a Memphis audio 16-PRD1. I was thinking these were a good match cause you can wire the sub at 1 ohm and the amp is 500 WRMS at 1 ohm.

most of the reviews on the Lanzar Max subs from people that have actually used them is that they do get fairly loud, especially for the price. Hfi12s4
Memphis definitely makes a quality amp.

Just out of curiousity -- what model is your pyle?

Get Pyle subs. When the sub company matches the amplifier company, the amp does double the power its rated for. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

whats your budget? an alpine type r is a great sub for the money (12" = $125 shipped) I got one and made a custom box and it pounds

Get Pyle subs. When the sub company matches the amplifier company, the amp does double the power its rated for. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
In case you aren't aware, he's messing with you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.