putting in a system..

If you want to be loud, get a big subs and an amp big enough to run the subs. Buy the brand of CD player and other equipment you want to buy. Just stay away from the dollar store special Spark-O-Matic. By the way, 8-tracks are not a good idea either. If you want to sound good, remember to have the install done properly. Someone said this on another thread.......90% install, 10% product. Remeber that because you can have a $5000 stereo that isn't installed properly and the guy fresh out of Best Buy can blow you away.

That's right. The install is more important than the products you use. I have Pyramid, Kenwood and Jensen (everyone knows that they aren't the best products you can get).

The SQ in my system beats my friends who using nothing but Alpine and RF ( I think it has good SQ when, with the windows down, you can stand about 30-40 feet away and still everything as clear as being at the recording studio).

If you are goin for SPL, I would suggest big subs and as many as you can get, If you are goin for SQ, get products that sound good, and mount them in places where the Pathlength for the left and right speakers is a close to the same as possible ( usually in the kick panels.) remeber in SQ - fewer is better. You want the fewest number of speakers but still the entire sound spectrum. Usually this means a minimum of 5 speakers - L/R High's, L/R mids, and a Sub.

Oh by the way. SONY is a good name. But SONY XPLOD is crap. There is a reason why it's called the xplod line. It does that more than play. Sony's xplod line usually has red as the main color. Sony's regular line of products is typically smoke or black in color.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.