Pure SQ subs for my application?

Zylo
10+ year member

Hello,

Well RIP GTOBRA //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I have a new 2003 F150 Supercab and it needs some boom //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Want to go full-blown SQ setup here.. but also want low-low-LOW extension as well. Don't want it loud, I want it deep.

I never bought the system for the GTOBRA, so I am hunting for everything at this moment.

Was thinking of:

1 15" Adire Brahma

1 15" RE XXX

2 12" JL 12W3v2's

or even a single 12" Brahma/XXX if it boils down to it..

Box size is flexible, I will be willing to change box size to increase SQ/extension if need be. Max size of 2 cu.ft, however.

This will be either a up or down firing sub, whichever sounds better in the truck.

Any suggestions guys??

Thanks!!

Zylo

based on your criteria, it seems like you could take a brahma 12 or even a 10, and give it a big enough box to go as low as you want. You don't necessarily need a 15 to go low; you just need a big box. And since you said you don't need SPL at all, the 15 shouldn't be all that necessary.

Oh, I don't post on there very often. Usually on the detailing forum and the photoshop. I lurk on the general discussion alot.

My name on there is v12owner.

well out of the subs mentioned.....i suggest the brahma....however if it was my choice i'd say 2 adire audio shivas.....brahma is more of a sql sub imo

I have heard that the Ed O is a pure SQ sub and the K and A are sql. Another subs not mentions for SQ would be maybe 2 10" Type-R's(I'm a fan) or possibly a 12" HC, heard HC's have some real nice SQ.

the K is definately SQL

it gets lound and sounds good doin it and the A get way louder and sounds good

i also heard the O series subs r made strictly for Sealed enclosures....now y would u have an SQL sub in a sealed enclosure...i mean im not genius but i believe a ported box will get u louder...and the A and K sounds great in a ported box and gets way loud

now im not saying the O's dont get loud but im not saying they do get loud i never heard one but i do have the new e10k's and they get loud and sound good

but i really want an e10A or e12A but maybe in the future lol

I wouldn't use a 15 in 2 cuft..

you're looking for low end extension.. from a sealed box.. that requires displacement ability.. and power handling.. (you'll want some good power)

I'd suggest

XXX 12"

Brahma 12"

A 12"

all 3 will do the job in 1-2 cuft sealed.. and would be the best overall bet

Loyd L.

Originally posted by Goddyd4me a = spl

at least thats been my understanding
That's why their site has A listed as the "Audiophile..."

:p

From your requirements I'd suggest the Brahma 15" and goose 'er... You should love the results...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.