Pumping 250 rms into 300 rms subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

DIGIDIGIBOMBO
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Leb
Hi, i have 2 subs( 300 rms each), TS W305F pioneer, i wish i could find an amp that could provide those 300 rms for both subs, but its too expensive. I found a new Boss amp( 4 channels) that could provide 250 rms, when bridging the 2 channels. Is this enough for the subs? and the guy wants 165$ for the amp. I might find a mono amp that provides 350-400rms and buy a corresponding sub, but i thought that two (300)rms subs would give better results than one (350 or 400)rms sub. Is 165$ a good price for that amp? anyone knows where i can find ( new, used) amp for better price and rms output? thx guys

That amp is a piece of garbage you can get a pioneer gm-d510m for 165 + shipping

that pioneer mono class d amp is rated 500@2ohm@12.5v but that amp is very underrated it can put out like 700rms enough to get 3 of those subs pretty loud.

I did that setup once

three 305f subs + gm-d510m... believe me it gets pretty loud

im going to venture to guess those subs are SVC4. if you hook them together at 2ohms like this picture shows;

2_4ohmSVC_2ohm.gif

and buy this amp to power them (bridge the amp), its cheaper than the price that kid wants, this is new in box too

http://www.millionbuy.com/prfap1000m.html

you will get ~500w to the pair. thats 250w to each. just under their RMS. its a HELL of alot better than that boss pile of ****. i have used like 5 profile amps for mediocre installs, and i havnt had a SINGLE problem with them. they do their power and they last forever (even when i spilled water on one lol)

i promise this is a better way to go that the crappy boss amp.

Thx a lot really guys. Dam now i am pissed off from that guy at the shop. When he was setting the gains( i have an amp that can give 100 rms bridged to the 300rms sub) he used only his ears, i then used a 45Hz test tone to see the voltage, it was 45, so i was outputing 500rms and the amp is rated at 100, i couldnt hear distortion but i prefer not to do that. It was wierd everything was working well but the amp didnt blew up, eventually something would hapen if i keep using it like that? thx again guys and F...K those sales men.

I remember when i had my d300 installed the installer that seemed so freaking smart and wise.

Turned my gains to max. and my amps are overpowering them by 50 watts.

i almost cried.. good thing they are 20 dollar subs...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.