pulling my hair out

hotpursuit

so before any one says read the sticky ive read it.

first i'll start with my setup and my issue..

i started off with alpine cde 117 deck alpine v power 4 channel with type r components and 6x9 coaxials (ran my own wire to each speaker). and a v-power mono block with type -r 10" sub.

i then added two more type r 6.5 coaxials in my rear doors and a second v- power 4 channel (also ran my own wire to these new speakers) i bridged the first 4 channel to the second with insulated rca's now only those two rear door speakers get signal noise, the reast have no interfearance.

ive grounded each amp independantly grounded the deck to another closer ground with a larger gauge cable. and those didnt work.

so i did some messing around with it. i disconnected the rca's from the first amp to the next and no signal noise. i connected an rca from the deck to the second amp and it only made a slight noise only audible when right up to the speaker. i then ran the rca that bridged the two amps completely away from any power or ground cables and STILL makes an insanely loud squeel only start up or even in accesory. then squeel then becomes really high pitch but lower volume while listening to music. i am going nuts. i have never had a signal problem since my first stereo in my first car.

any help would be amazing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Try grounding the RCAs on the back of the HU, maybe? Basically wrapping bare copper wire around the rca inputs and grounding to the case of the HU. I've seen this done to eliminate noise issues. No idea if its relevant in your case though.

the amps are grounded to the trunk floor all in seperate locations.

i pondered the thought that the amp has an issue it self. im gonna try it in my friends car tomorrow see if it creates noise with his system.

I seriously doubt that is the problem. Never seen an amp create noise. It's usually outside interference. See there is AC ripple too. Basically your alt is AC current kind of made into DC current to charge your batteries right? I think the majority of alts spin 2-3x faster than the engine rpm. So if you are at 3k rpm, your alt is spinning at 9k rpm. You might hear a 9000 hz tone through your speakers. Following?

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

And this is just a theory, not necessarily fact, but it'll put things into perspective.

For future reference, you NEVER ground multiple amplifiers and other audio equipment on separate portions along the frame. Obtain a grounding block, and ground everything to the same place.

For future reference, you NEVER ground multiple amplifiers and other audio equipment on separate portions along the frame. Obtain a grounding block, and ground everything to the same place.
Do you know why Ronny? I have 2 amps each amp is grounded at two different seatbelt bolts. I am having major voltage drops. Could this be why?

see thats were info gets confusing ive read other sources that say grounding multiple amps to one spot can cause a feed back especially if one amp like the mono block is drawing more power vs the 4 channel.

any one know were i can get a grounding block?

Do you know why Ronny? I have 2 amps each amp is grounded at two different seatbelt bolts. I am having major voltage drops. Could this be why?
No, that in itself shouldn't cause major voltage drop. What's your electrical like? Cables? Big 3? Power? Etc?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.