Proto Neo 8" Sub - 1 of a kind - Best 8 ever!?

JL Audio
5,000+ posts

ThugStep
KY
Item(s) for Sale:

Custom proto neo 8"

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Item is mint as it can be being one of it's kind. Huge neo motor capable of near limitless excursion ( lol ). Neo does need charged but it has residual charge in it. Basket and motor are both custom tooled, basket can be modded for many options as well. Pretty rare softparts with the adire coil, I hate to part with this really.. but I simply have no use for it.

As it sits:

- With spacers between the top assembly and motor .. excursion potential is nearly limitless

- a .5" spacer would allow for 2" rearward clearance

- has a 7.5" spider landing and 8" can be modded to work.

- can be reconed for a 3" p-p, the basket can fit a 4" coil and can be tooled to fit most any motor.

- rms on the Adire Audio tumult 3" coil is roughly 600-750rms, it's internally seriesed to 8 ohm but can be changed back to dual 4 with a simple cut of the wires.

Price:

250+shipping or I'd be willing to trade it towards amps or different subs.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

shipping cost depends on zip, actual shipping.

Item Pictures:

IMG_2666.jpg

IMG_2665.jpg

IMG_2664.jpg

Refs:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/394977-thelow-feedback-thread.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/291852-thelow-feedback-thread.html

You gotta find some comopany to charge it... try Fi or maybe DD?
nick at IA can' date=' phil said he wouldn't charge much over cost of shipping if I recall. Fi should be able to as well. Possible jacob from sundown as he has a proto neo sub if memory serves me right.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Wasnt this forsale on caco? Did you buy it? Why you sellin? How do you charge it?
a little while back maybe. It was on a few forums.

Charge it by sending it to a company capable of charging it. Simple as that.

I think you guys are mistaking this one for another sub with the same custom machined style basket. That one wasnt a neo though, if i recall correctly

I think you guys are mistaking this one for another sub with the same custom machined style basket. That one wasnt a neo though, if i recall correctly
basket can fit about any motor, previous owner had a few adapter plates made for it, think he used to have it on a tc-9 and a goliath motor as well.

pm me you have any other motors or would you charge it
no other motors, no i can't charge it myself. if you setup someone to get it charged, i'll ship it to that place though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.