Proto Neo 8" Sub - 1 of a kind - Best 8 ever!?

JL Audio
5,000+ posts

ThugStep
KY
Item(s) for Sale:

Custom proto neo 8"

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Item is mint as it can be being one of it's kind. Huge neo motor capable of near limitless excursion ( lol ). Neo does need charged but it has residual charge in it. Basket and motor are both custom tooled, basket can be modded for many options as well. Pretty rare softparts with the adire coil, I hate to part with this really.. but I simply have no use for it.

As it sits:

- With spacers between the top assembly and motor .. excursion potential is nearly limitless

- a .5" spacer would allow for 2" rearward clearance

- has a 7.5" spider landing and 8" can be modded to work.

- can be reconed for a 3" p-p, the basket can fit a 4" coil and can be tooled to fit most any motor.

- rms on the Adire Audio tumult 3" coil is roughly 600-750rms, it's internally seriesed to 8 ohm but can be changed back to dual 4 with a simple cut of the wires.

Price:

250+shipping or I'd be willing to trade it towards amps or different subs.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

shipping cost depends on zip, actual shipping.

Item Pictures:

IMG_2666.jpg

IMG_2665.jpg

IMG_2664.jpg

Refs:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/394977-thelow-feedback-thread.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/291852-thelow-feedback-thread.html

**** I want this. Let me see how my paycheck looks next Friday, if it's still here I'll make an offer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

**** I want this. Let me see how my paycheck looks next Friday, if it's still here I'll make an offer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Alrighty man. Trying to move it quick. Need it gone

200 shipped, let's get this gone people.. best 8 you can buy hands down.... someone has to want this for the price!

Motor fits 3" coil?

According to Thilo Neo should NOT degrade significantly over time or from heat in any audio related application. The tolerances are just way over what we do with them.

US Accoustics 1000F (Zed made) for trade?

motor fits 3" correct, currently houses a tumult coil from an adire sub. What you said is the same thing nathan funk said, the guy who actually made/created the sub and basket. He said he thinks the previous owner was incorrect and it shouldn't need charged at all as it wasn't out of his possession no time before I got it.

No real need for trades now except subs at this point.

sidenote, the basket fits up to a 4" coil so someone could technically make a 4" coil 8" subbie without much work haha.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.