Protecting your equipment using standard locks

i would like to find some of that stuff though too.. sounds like it could deter thieves really well... rather a broken glass than 2,000 worth of stolen system that isnt under insurance. glass is.

Yeah, but at even $4 per square foot, that's roughly $20 per windows, more if you have large ones. Well over $120 for everything in your car you can see through.

On RCA WIRES man. Decent ends are like 25+ bucks a pair I think. That kind of stuff adds up and if your spending 3k+ on your sterio you wanna do everything you can to keep it safe. Thats why i was interested in that window film. I wonder if they ship to Canada.........

If you're talking the 2 wires with rounded ends that you plug into amps / eqs / tvs, then yeah, that's a hella lot to me. 18 guage wire plus DIY RCA kits are in my car, ends up being about $14 for a 20 foot cord + some solder.

Of course, you're taking a $3000 system. Mine is... not... $3000. In fact, all said and done, I'll be spending hardly over a grand on my first and second setups combined. In your case, hell yeah it'd be worth it.

Piezo horn tweeters. Set them to play a 15khz to 16khz signal at 120-130 DB. Thieve are less likely to stick around when you're physically causing them pain.

Also, how about a visual signal? Alarm goes off, ignite a burst of flame out the tailpipe every second. A half million people would turn and look. I don't know about you, but if I'm trying to pull something out of the trunk, and a burst of flame comes out withing 12 inches or so of my leg, it'd scare the sh*t out of me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.