Protect mode on kicker amp

If anyone knows whats going on here let us know. I am having the exact same issue as cobraranger has described to every detail. I have a kicker zx650.4. When I first got the amp it worked fine for a couple of days then it would start cutting out with the protection light. As the days went by the protecetion light stayed on longer and longer. Now its to the point that the protection light to the amp will go off and the red lights in the amp will go out. When I first installed the amp it would come on with the truck but now it comes on with the protection light already on and it takes a couple of minutes for the light to go off and the amp to start playing. As long as the volume is low the amp will usually stay on but the minute I turn up the volume the protection light is back on until the volume is turned back down and even then it takes a couple of minutes for it go out. I tested it with a dmm at the power and ground terminal and it stayed around in the 14 range until the power is turned up then drops to the 3-5 volt range even though battery and alternator are operating in the normal ranges. So sounds like my problem is exacty the same as cobraranger's. Hope we can get this fixed. If you do let me know.

i am having the same problem for like 2 yrs now and its pissing me off. i do have a zx650.4 as well. im so ready to get rid of it. funny thing is the other day it started cutting off at even at low volume. so than i disconnected the rear spkrs, it doesnt go into protection and cut off now. i started to think its the infiniti spkrs with 2ohm load.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.