Prossional Advice Needed????

Participant count
  • Participant list

del
10+ year member

I have a 1994 Honda Accord LX model 2-door and was wondering if the rear speaker brackets for the 1994 Honda Accord EX model 2-doors would fit as a easy replacement for the rear speaker section of my car? See, i have some Infinity Kappa 693.5i model speakers that I thought would fit my car, but I found out that the EX models are the one's that have the 6"x9" speaker fitments and the LX models have the 6 1/2" speaker fitments. I would like to know if it is possible to switch out the rear speaker bracket from an EX model to my LX model 1994 Accord before I go ahead and return these real nice speakers. I would rather go with the 6x9's then the 6 1/2's if I can get them to fit. I know that I can get it customed, but I don't wanna have to spend that much to have these speakers fit. Please help me out?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Originally posted by bfillmer You could get it to work, but be prepared to do some cutting on your rear deck to make everything fit.
So, your saying that the EX brackets won't fit in place of the LX brackets at all? I know that I will have to get it custom done if it doesn't, but I was thinking that the EX models had 6x9 speakers in the back because they are a better model then the LX and maybe the bracket would fit perfectly in place of the LX brackets. Just like how some other parts for better models would fit on almost the same car. I didn't wanna custom anything 'cuz it would cost to much.

It is a pretty safe bet that the actual hole in the metal for the LX speakers will be smaller than you will need. I have messed with quite a few Hondas in my time and they tend to be a pain in the rear when it comes to stuff like this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.