Props to Profile!!!

harveyy
10+ year member

Steve Lew and the techs at Profile provide exceptional customer service!

I thought I’d share my experience with you guys.

I purchased an AP1040 which did not operate correctly in my 89 Civic. The volume would drop as the car’s voltage dropped from normal driving. The amp worked fine when tested in 2 other vehicles, but, just not mine.

Over the course of my 2 month dilemma, I was in contact with Steve for possible solutions. I tried a few of his suggestions and provided feedback after each test. He would call me at work, home and by email. Nothing seemed to work. Steve said he would have to consult his engineers and then get back to me. A few weeks had passed and I thought I was forgotten and then out of the blue I got a call from Steve with another possible solution, his directions were clear and easy to follow. I had to solder a small resistor at two specific points on the circuit board. And what do you know - it worked! Problem solved!

It would have been easy for Steve to give up on my amp problem because they have only had to 2 others contact them in the past two years with a similar dilemma. From the very beginning, I was given options to solve this problem ie. send it in for analysis, get a replacement or do it myself with their help. Obliviously, I chose the latter. Furthermore, I live in Vancouver, Canada where Profile is not carried. So really, I can’t say enough about the customer service at Profile.

I have to admit, I was a little skeptical about budget amps, but, I have to believe that a company that puts this much effort into helping their customers, is putting a lot of effort into providing a great "bang for the buck" product.

And the capper: Steve sent me a new AP700M as a gift for my patience. Now this is going above and beyond! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Harvey

i had the same problem with mine. i just never bothered to contact profile because i thought it was a poorly designed power supply on their part that didn't like voltage drops. let me know the details of fix. i would like to give it a try.

what's steve's contact? i just might try to contact him and hope to get a free amp

i had the same problem with mine. i just never bothered to contact profile because i thought it was a poorly designed power supply on their part that didn't like voltage drops. let me know the details of fix. i would like to give it a try.
what's steve's contact? i just might try to contact him and hope to get a free amp

Here's the fix: take back plate off amp. With Line In as left side and speaker terminal as right. Locate resistors R507 and R510 (about middle of board). Solder one end of a 47 K ohm ¼ watt resistor to the bottom leg (closet to you) of the R507 and the other end to the top leg of the R510 resistor. It's an easy job using a soldering iron with a sharp tip and pre-soldering 47 K resistor ends (using very little solder). That's it.

If you need more details, let me know.

steve@profileusa.com

The gift was for the trials and tribulations I experienced while finding the fix. Should you go through the same, Steve may reward you for your patience as well.

I hope this doesn't turn into a "free for all" and ruin the customer service.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

harveyy

10+ year member
harveyy
vancouver
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from