proper way to disconnect subs, but leave amp?? (for a trip)

stophatin
10+ year member

but they cant stop my pay
hey guys im goin on a trip and need to make room in the trunk.

when i remove the subs, (but im leaving the amp) is it sufficient to just remove the fuse from the amp?

or should i actually unplug the power cable from the terminal block??? and disconnect remote wire?

all i do when removing my amp and/or subs is disconnect the fuse by the battery, unhook what i need to and just connect it back up but leave the fuse out, that is unless you still need your amp, then obviously put the fuse back in.

Exactly just remove the speaker wire goin to the enclosure and ur good but if you have 2seperete amps 1 for sub and 1 for speakers disconnect the fuse and pull the sub amp right out and then put the fuse back in

so its ok to just remove the fuse @ the battery when needed (changing sub/amp), and then replace the fuse when its all wired back up?? no sparks or ill effects????

might get a small spark but you will be ok

the "right" way to do it is to disconnect the neg cable on the battery.

THEN disconnect your amps power wire from the battery

When you ready to put it back, take off neg and then hook up the pos

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.