Scratchy noice from the speakers, using amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

shishand

oc
So my set up is this:

power cable ran from battery to amp on the left side of the car, and RCA on the right, and meet at the end go to amps. I have 2 amps, one for vocal, one for subwoofer.

My car is honda accord 07 lx sedan and im using an after market radio;JVC Arsenal KD-AHD79, and basically everything works but the left rear speaker (only rear speakers are amped btw). the speakers are fine i have checked that already, it seems the output for the left speaker from the amp is faulty? sound comes out the speaker, but when im at a low volume theres a lot of static noise.. and only from the left speaker? but the thing is once i raise the volume it works perfect, but once low its staticy and only the left speaker..

using this amp Performance Teknique ICBM-771

i have already tried the following:

switched the wire from the right speaker to the left and the sound was fine, so ITS NOT THE SPEAKERS

I have tried another wire to see if it was the wire but the same static results.. (the wire was a little thinner)

what can it be? the grounding? the amp? its weird, at high volume its flawless!

Try plugging a RCA directly to an MP3 player and see if it still has this issue. I have a 2011 Civic and had a very similar problem and it turned out to be a signal disruption in the RCA wire

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.