Proper Wattage

Participant count
  • Participant list
would they not be at risk to blow by being slightly underpowered?
do you kill speakers by lowering the volume? Do you realize what you've just said in your statement now? heat due to distortion due to equipment being drove to clipping is what kills speakers. Not underpowering.

Continuous Power Output: 40 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
dead serious. look at the 1% thd, at rated power. terrible.

you might get 15-20w rms out of it. for the price of that headunit you can get an active capable pioneer 80prs
they actually amplifier dyno pretty well and do rated on certified runs.

do you kill speakers by lowering the volume? Do you realize what you've just said in your statement now? heat due to distortion due to equipment being drove to clipping is what kills speakers. Not underpowering.

they actually amplifier dyno pretty well and do rated on certified runs.

well i stand corrected, still wouldnt buy it though. plus those ratings are 14.5v+, test it at 12.5 or 13

anything that says "mega bass" will never get my money lol

well i stand corrected, still wouldnt buy it though. plus those ratings are 14.5v+, test it at 12.5 or 13

The unit has its place amongst people who do not run an additional amp and dont need that much power. 10 bands of EQ, 24 bit dac along with time alignment, its not too bad actually. I actually like the idea if it was cheaper. It would help a lot of people with a good bit of power to their speakers without doing much. Talking about basic joes that arent audio freaks like us. I recommend it to my buddies that need a new head unit and want slightly louder volume without any wiring hassle with seperate amps. Works like a charm.

Plus almost every dyno tests you see for 4 channels hover above 14.2-14.4 volts.

I think the mega bass is a button for bassboost

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

I think the mega bass is a button for bassboost
no it low passes the rear speakers to 125hz and below while boosting the bass frequencies turning the rear deck into a midbass subwoofer while the fronts focus on highs. Works out pretty well for normal people running cheapo kickers or walmart speakers. My buddy had some tang band 6x9 midbass subwoofers in the rear deck and it actually felt like a 300 rms 12 sealed with that option on.

no it low passes the rear speakers to 125hz and below while boosting the bass frequencies turning the rear deck into a midbass subwoofer while the fronts focus on highs. Works out pretty well for normal people running cheapo kickers or walmart speakers.
Ok lol

so nobody has still answered the question of whether or not I will be alright if I buy those speakers lol. Im not looking for anything crazy, just something better than my stock speakers, hence why I bought a head unit that put out enough power so that I wouldnt have to go through the hassle of an external amplifier with added wiring

buy them.

you CANNOT BLOW SPEAKERS WITH LOWER POWER.

if that was true, every time you lowered the volume you would blow speakers.

and you can over power speakers.... just so you know.

we all do it, but we do proper setup .

and what kills speakers is distorsion , having the gain to high, sending a crappy signal to them....

but sending a speaker less power cannot blow them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.