Proper break-in?

So, I've read a bit about people saying subs change in sound after they break-in. My question is if there is an actual break-in procedure for subs, or is this just a generic term for when the materials loosen up a bit?
Well for one, some companies will break in your sub before you ever get it or atleast stress test it at high volume/ power so its not like you need to take it easy from the start.

For two, all speakers sound different after break in, from subs to tweeters. No there is no break in procedure. Just play it. If you want to be nice, give it a minute and slowly crank the volume up. Its more of a, this makes me feel better to be nice to it for a second rather than logic.

It's mostly a generic saying,I beat my subs like Chris Brown beats a wh0re when they come out of the shipping box. But yes they change sound as the suspension loosens up.

some suspensions are much stiffer orginally with no play becasue they are coated with a type of resin that helps strengthen them. ive never seen a speaker get damaged from not breaking it in..

You don't have to break in a sub by using less power when you first install them.

After the suspension loosens up, the parameters will shift though, and it is considered "broken in"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.