****Project Messy Accord!***56k Beware** eDead v1se, eD Spectrum Goop, Kickpods, more

Damaso87
10+ year member

iPoor
*title correction. the liquid deadener is actually SS's Spectrum Sludge, not eDead

After ordering my Memphis Belle 16MCH-1300, Rainbow Germanium mids and x-overs, and Polk M-Class tweets, i finally decided to get the ball rolling on the fabrication and installation. Whew!

Prior to beginning this project, i had made a little custom dash kit for my Pioneer P860MP so that i would be able to close the CD compartment over the H/U when not in use.

img0581bm7.jpg

Here is a picture of the H/U in the stock pocket after gutting out the locking lever mechanisms.

img0590tv8.jpg

And here it is in my dash. **** it was a pain to get in due to the flap that was STILL on and functional. WoO!

Work began on 8/26/07.

img0596ho5.jpg

Here is the driver side pod at its roots. The area is taped off and protected from the resin drips.

img0598mz7.jpg

First layer of glass down! You can barely see it cause i soaked it down with resin.

Day 2

img0599vs0.jpg

Heres the pods with cloth stretched over and a couple layers of glass on the top.

img0601jq7.jpg

And here they are, finished! One is loaded with the germ.

Fin.

Day 3

img0608hw3.jpg

Here the door panel cutout for the tweeter. Yes, I know its too small, i didnt have any drill bit larger than 1 1/4" so i had to dremel-grind the rest out.

img0606of6.jpg

Shot of the door with the nasty ass plastic skin on. The glue was horrid to get off. Nothing like a good ol rag and elbow grease to get it off. Just kidding. Brake cleaner ftw. It still took a half hour per door.

img0610rl5.jpg

Passenger side door all cleaned up and shiny!

img0611rm9.jpg

Heres the driver's side covered with eDead V1se

img0612qs2.jpg

Heres me slathering on the finishing touches with my SS Spectrum Sludge. My first impression when i opened this bucket was ****, this stuff is THICK. My final impression is...****, this stuff is THICK. It has the consistency of cake batter. Wonderful stuff. I only needed to use half a gallon, and i have 2 gallons total. Should i do my trunk or my interior/floor?

Thats all for today.

Oh, and this is where all this is going into

img0573tc5.jpg

neat.
and your welcome
'Tis true, i owe many thanks to req who held my hand through my first 'glassing attempt.

I still dont forgive you for asking me why one of my kickpods looks like it had been smoking crack its entire life.

a-hole.

Thats the old version ant //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I remember i won some of the first version at a raffle here, and i traded it with you for the brand new 'sludge' stuff...two years ago.

So after driving a few days with the deadening in im completely astounded. the car is actually QUIET. i can talk on my cell phone without straining at all. heck, i thought i was going deaf at one point when i couldnt hear anything to my left and right. bliss.

BUT, i have another more dire issue.

After wiring everything up and getting rid of my alt whine (stupid pioneer RCA's had to be grounded to the body of the HU), i popped a CD in (set gains to 150w for the fronts). Expecting to be completely blown away...i wanted to cry. It was wrong. all wrong. the germs were performing WORSE than my stock speakers that were sitting in my doors. just as loud, with 150w...completely lacking midbass. almost none! they sounded tinny and just lifeless. on top of that, the little light inside the crossover labelled 'tweeter power center' was flashing with the beat. a bad thing i take it. is there anyone in the area that would want to hang out for a day, have a few beers and try to troubleshoot this ****? im in the Amherst area of Massachusetts. I could also meet somewhere or halfway.

Gonna try to biamp these when i buy some more wire, run the tweets and mids off their own channels and see if 70w sounds any better. Hopefully itll help me deduce whats wrong here.

i see u have rainbow's in the kick's and tweets on the doors, but what are the other speakers in the door pods? your using 2 different kind of mid-bass's ? or your just going to run the rainbows ?

also when your deadeing the door, when trying to find where the door panel clips go so you can put the panel back on do you just randomly poke in the general area with a screw driver until you find it? i imagine myself going to deaden my doors then when i go to put on the panel i completly forget to make the holes for the clips...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.