Project for school, need help brainstorming.

Why not talk about what it takes to produce undistorted music? definately 6-8 pages there when you considered everything inline in a car audio system.

1. Battery

2. Power cables etc etc....

you would have to describe what it takes to make each part as distortion free as possible.

Senior Project type dealy?

I had to do that too. Needed like a 1500+ word paper, and some type of physical element.

Like if you did a paper on the history of the guitar, you could take guitar lessons and shred some mean riffs.

Anywho, I did mine on loudspeaker design, and my physical product was a sub woofer that I re-coned. I shot a video of it playing in my car, then for the presentation I did a rundown on what everything was and how it worked.

I had a lot of fun doing it.

Why not talk about what it takes to produce undistorted music? definately 6-8 pages there when you considered everything inline in a car audio system.1. Battery

2. Power cables etc etc....

you would have to describe what it takes to make each part as distortion free as possible.
Hell yeah thats a real good idea. That way i could get away with rambling all about car audio.

Great suggestion thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Senior Project type dealy?
I had to do that too. Needed like a 1500+ word paper, and some type of physical element.

Like if you did a paper on the history of the guitar, you could take guitar lessons and shred some mean riffs.

Anywho, I did mine on loudspeaker design, and my physical product was a sub woofer that I re-coned. I shot a video of it playing in my car, then for the presentation I did a rundown on what everything was and how it worked.

I had a lot of fun doing it.
Yeah it's basically the same thing. I'm hoping to have a lot of fun doing it too.

Does it all have to be on one thing? or could you do multiple things but still about car audio? because more than likely kids at your school only know about **** like Rockford, Kicker, ect...you could do something about like installing a system, minimizing distortiong (like that other guy said), and have the build log still, but just for more stuff to stuff in your huge ass paper, you could talk about how Mainstream naems are **** products compared to some of the real car audio ****, Sundown, DD, RE, ect ect.

Edit: i guess not so much a **** product, since i have kicker myself haha...but how much more the cost actully is, compared to all the other non-mainstream names.. you know what i mean...right? haha

Does it all have to be on one thing? or could you do multiple things but still about car audio? because more than likely kids at your school only know about **** like Rockford, Kicker, ect...you could do something about like installing a system, minimizing distortiong (like that other guy said), and have the build log still, but just for more stuff to stuff in your huge ass paper, you could talk about how Mainstream naems are **** products compared to some of the real car audio ****, Sundown, DD, RE, ect ect.
The teacher said that it had to be a narrowed topic because 6-8 pages is a really small paper.

So you have to squeeze the water out of a paper towel rather than a towel, if you get what i'm saying.

The distortion idea is good though.

I was thinking about fundamentals of car audio or the history of car audio and she said the history was a no go and she would help me with a topic on monday when we do some research.

If I could do it on fundamentals that would be a EASY write up, but decreasing distortion is basically the same, just worded differently.

I could talk about all the things you need to do it, the process of installing them, the cost, the different suppliers, the purpose of even doing it, how it compliments SQ and SPL competitions, tuning, building boxes, saving room.

Things like that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the reason i got into car audio is because i really really like music. I realized how much better it sounds when it is reproduced accurately. I think thats the only reason i am into car audio, maybe your not so much an sq guy...

i think amplifiers would be easy, audio ones. write about

stuff like distortion, how its measured, why its important and even compare low end with high end. power ratings, rms vs max. Crossover functions and why they are important. That would get you to write about ohms and hz and transducers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

a bit lacking on specifics. a more technical class might go into detail on the box and speaker selection. or more basic, the properties of audio. an english paper might focus more on persuasive arguments about audio as a hobby. a public speaking topic might work well with social issues, such as the differing views of loud music in public spaces.

interesting and possibly technical topics:

* hi-fi vs user preferances. very often, users will desire more bass, or even desire distortion because it sounds better to them. The technical details are all of signal processing. the "philosophy" part might be on artitstic interpretation -- who decides what art sounds like?

* visualizing audio. this is a technical topic. most likely it focuses on FFT methods mainly. at a high school level, basic fourier analysis should be possible. the nuances between various transforms might be a bit hard to grasp though. transforms are a way of painting a picture with different brushes -- the fourier transform paints it with frequencies, and the FFT/short-term-fourier-transform paint it with frequencies playing "now".

* state of the art audio -- what is it? most likely, you'll find that it's not the hobbiest tube amp's people love to learn to build. its more in the noise canceling BOSE headphones.

very good responses guys, I'm planning to go with what it takes to make undistorted audio but I just want a wide selection incase the teacher suddenly changes her mind.

It would be easy peazy to write a paper on what it takes to produce undistorted audio.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.