Project Expedition (old pics)

Got it playing, threw it on the meter the first night on the dash just for fun, did a 149.4...i'm thinking wtf something is wrong. Went to the show that weekend and then tore the headliner down and did 2 layers of deadener on the roof and on the roof supports. And 2 layers on the inner and outter skin of the hatch.

Tested again and it did a 151.9...at 38 hz....thats more like //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The enclosure is definately wrong for these woofers, gonna try a few more things with it before I build another one though. Might keep this for a fallback box just in case.

But I guess really for >3000 watts a 152 isn't bad but I'm used to having a 160+ vehicle

you hearing any port noise????? whats that like 40 square inches per 21"? at least it looks that way.

haha no port noise at all, even if you had 20 sq inches of port per as long as the port was built right you wouldn't have any noise lol

But yeah, the port is wayyy too small but it just tunes it lower, had to do the triangle port because the woofers are 12'' deep, if i did a port along the bottom the subs would have hit it. I think I have right at 130 sq inches with that port

Next enclosure will be a few inches taller and subs will be all the way toward the front of the truck and I'll probobly use aeroports

Got it playing, threw it on the meter the first night on the dash just for fun, did a 149.4...i'm thinking wtf something is wrong. Went to the show that weekend and then tore the headliner down and did 2 layers of deadener on the roof and on the roof supports. And 2 layers on the inner and outter skin of the hatch.
Tested again and it did a 151.9...at 38 hz....thats more like //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The enclosure is definately wrong for these woofers, gonna try a few more things with it before I build another one though. Might keep this for a fallback box just in case.

But I guess really for >3000 watts a 152 isn't bad but I'm used to having a 160+ vehicle
Not bad at all for around 3kw //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Sure wish I could fit two of them and still be able to see out my back window //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Not bad at all for around 3kw //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Sure wish I could fit two of them and still be able to see out my back window //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
They jam pretty good, I'm impressed for sure.

Thats part of the reason I did the enclosure like that.

I could have built another 6'' taller and had plenty of airpsace for them but the big boxes above the back seats look tacky. I know i'm an SPL guy at heart but I like having things look nice too

So no drag finals this year?
i'll be there but not competing

there are NO drag shows around me anymore, just the shows we hosted

and since nopi got cancelled i'm totally screwed.

I'll come up and show you guys how to drink though

If you drive that next time you come to Gatlinburg I'd love to hear it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Really nice build, and my cousin has a Expo, so im going to borrow a few tricks from this build //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Came out well, that Eclipse 3 way setup keeps up with the madness in the back pretty good?

Really nice build, and my cousin has a Expo, so im going to borrow a few tricks from this build //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Came out well, that Eclipse 3 way setup keeps up with the madness in the back pretty good?
Those 3 ways are the loudest componets I've ever heard. I had 2 sets in my old 2500 that would keep up with 161+ from 10 death penalty 12s and 2 maxximus'

if you have plenty of power for these things I don't know of a better sounding, louder componet set

He says he doesn't like this forum because it appeals to the "average joe" kinda looks to me like you are one of those people.

Well in some ways..

haha no port noise at all, even if you had 20 sq inches of port per as long as the port was built right you wouldn't have any noise lol

But yeah, the port is wayyy too small but it just tunes it lower
Kinda contradictory and wrong wouldn't you say?

Edit: I wouldn't have said anything, just that you bashed the people of this forum, I kinda took offense to you saying the people of this forum ****. Though I'm just a "joe" and have just a daily system.

He says he doesn't like this forum because it appeals to the "average joe" kinda looks to me like you are one of those people.
Well in some ways..

Kinda contradictory and wrong wouldn't you say?

Edit: I wouldn't have said anything, just that you bashed the people of this forum, I kinda took offense to you saying the people of this forum ****. Though I'm just a "joe" and have just a daily system.

you won't have port noise with a small port if you build it right...this is true...

the port is too small for this enclosure...and it would be louder with more port area...this is also true //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

and what I mean by that is I usually like to have between 15-25 sq inches of port per cubic ft.

Right now I have under 90 sq inches for an enclosure that is around 13 cubes....yeah its too small for the box...and what happens when you have a smaller port for a big enclosure? It tunes it lower....jesus some people just look for ways to attack me

They jam pretty good, I'm impressed for sure.
Thats part of the reason I did the enclosure like that.

I could have built another 6'' taller and had plenty of airpsace for them but the big boxes above the back seats look tacky. I know i'm an SPL guy at heart but I like having things look nice too
My enclosure for my 21 is going to be almost head level in the back of my truck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Won't look as good as if it sat lower, but hopefully it will be kinda loud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Since your right over in Alabama come to some of the shows in Georgia! We wanna hear it!
I took my old truck to a Clash of the Titans show a couple of years ago with 3 9917s and 6 20.1s.

It was hilarious! The truck would do a 159.8 on the dash, and it did like a 170.2 at the clash show it was great haha

I took my old truck to a Clash of the Titans show a couple of years ago with 3 9917s and 6 20.1s.
It was hilarious! The truck would do a 159.8 on the dash, and it did like a 170.2 at the clash show it was great haha
i thought i remember the white truck i think you came to a megamax show. i got to look at never really heard it but did get to see you meter it. you were running a 18v setup or something like that with adjustable regulator i think. by the way great work on all your projects really nice

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.