Project Expedition (old pics)

Its hard to keep everything clean and out of the way when using a lot of componets for an install.

I had a maxxlink and a memphis epicenter laying here so I figured I'd use them but we couldn't figure out a place to put them....after a couple of hours of planning and some cutting we found a place to stash them.

003-7.jpg

002-7.jpg

001-9.jpg

and it takes even more work to make the controllers look where they aren't out of place and in the way. Decided I'd go the simple route

002-5.jpg

Sorry for no pics of the enclosure build process...but those are usually just a waste of time anyway lol

005-3.jpg

Thank god for william!

His little ass was doing all kinds of yoga to get into the box to make sure I had no wires moving around

008-2.jpg

Got the amps in, wired, and prettied up...

006-2.jpg

before someone says it...I didn't want to do a ton of power per woofer (yet). The subs are rated 1500w rms so thats what I put on them. Was trying to show just what RMS on a woofer in a daily driver setup could achieve.

I wasn't gonna compete at all this season, but there are a hundred meca shows around me so I'm gonna go to meca finals. Probobly switch out to 8 12s and 8 1500s for finals though

Neat looking box. What's the tuning?
Its not as big as the woofers need by a stretch. Its just like 12 cubes after displacements //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

But its tuned around 35 hz on paper so a little lower after you put it in a vehicle

Got the doors finished up!

You can't tell from the pics, but I have an eclipse 3 way set up front, midbass in the doors, midrange in the factory 5x7 location, and tweeter on the sail panel bridged on the sax 100.4

it JAMS and sounds FANTASTIC

Tweeter protection kicks in on the eclipses though which is one thing I forgot about. Next step is take the doors apart and get the crossover out and bypass that.

006-3.jpg

007-4.jpg

the doors are the same color but look crazy because of the light

enclosure was flexing a little so I had to take care of that...inside the enclosure now has 10 braces top to bottom and L braces off of those into the sides...its super strong now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

new box is gonna be built in a couple of weeks though, try to get another couple of cubes out of it

004-2.jpg

I am trying to get 12 net cubes into my MDX right now.... It's not easy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif How much port area did you give them?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.