2001 Dodge Ram Build Log

Participant count
  • Participant list

negativezeroz
5,000+ posts

Nothing Is Promised
Starting tomorrow I will be installing a system for my buddy. He has a 2001 single cab Dodge Ram.

System includes:

Pioneer Premier P600UB

Pioneer GM-3300T

Pioneer GM-8400M

Pioneer TS-A6962R (fronts only)

(1x) JBL P1224

e2 Dual Amp wiring kit

Clifford 50.5X

Enclosure will be ~1.75cf tuned to 30Hz. I will start with the enclosure tomorrow (aero port doesn't arrive until tomorrow anyways) and hopefully get it built and finished. Carpet if I have time.

Mad props to bigbud747 for enclosure design

Alright...pissed.

Today: got seats removed, rear wall thing cleaned up (removed the hooks that hold the factory little holder things for tools and such), cleaned up some mess, ran speaker wire through doors, ran power wire, cut 90% of the panels for enclosure, glued bottom and back piece of enclosure together, got JBL P963 speakers in only to find out they are too deep ( CHECK FS SECTION! THEY ARE UP FS! BNIB!)

Tomorrow: buy new 6x9's that fit depth wise (**** window), finish(?) enclosure, run amps, install deck.

I want to be completely done by Friday so we'll see.

Few crappy pics:

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/1490/dscn0340im7.jpg

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/8664/dscn0341zi6.jpg

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/9486/dscn0342cz2.jpg

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6231/dscn0343zt0.jpg

Today:

Got more of the enclosure glued together, cutouts made for sub and aero port, new speakers in, door panels back on, head unit installed, RCAs ran...

Tomorrow:

More gluing. Hopefully finish up the enclosure (just a waiting game on the glue/silicon). If enclosure gets finished then install amps and test everything.

thanks.

and to hemi = ....yeah i was so pissed that the JBLs didn't fit. They would fit if he never rolled the windows down lol but yeah thats not logical or realistic..

going to work on it now so more pics later

Today:

enclosure is done and carpeted (first time carpeting... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif ), mounted amps on enclosure, mounted distro block, test fit sub, cut and mounted aero port, then got stumped by finding a good ground...we found but too tired to finish it tonight so early in the morning we'll get it finished and tune it

Cool, you couldnt fit the JBL's by making a spacer out of mdf and screwing them into that? Not much room with door panel or what?

Cool, you couldnt fit the JBL's by making a spacer out of mdf and screwing them into that? Not much room with door panel or what?
We used a 1/2" spacer and it was sticking too far into the door panel. We could have cut the panel to make it fit but it's not my truck nor was the owner here during any of the install. This is my most complicated install to date so I am proud of it but would appreciate input, good or bad.

It's finished and sounds amazing. The Pioneer 6x9's are pretty good. Better than I thought actually. The sub is awesome. No distortion what so ever. Nothing but clean, deep, hard hitting bass. It's awesome.

That box turned out pretty nice. I noticed you shortened the middle portion a little compared to mine, but then again my Bl does require quite a bit of airspace. Lol. I like how you positioned your amps and the distribution block. How far forward doe you have to move your passenger seat forward? I have mine set to where there is about an inch of seat sticking out further than the center seat. But overall, good work. I couldn't have done it better myself. (Oh wait, I did build this box myself. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif )

PB170096.jpg

The passenger seat is one notch before the farthest back. About an inch or so sticking forward. Works like a charm. And yes the middle section is shorter; for amps and less airspace. Thanks again for the design man.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.