Professional tuned system worth it???

ttran
10+ year member

Texas
I don't have any type of equipment to tune my system and don't really know much about frequencies to do anything myself. Is it worth it to pay someone to do it?

I feel like there is more potential out of my system.

Pioneer 880prs

Phoenix Gold RSd65cs

JL e2150

JL 10w6v2

JL 500/1

just do it by ur own ear. Mess with the EQ's a little to find an area where u like it. No point in gettin it "professionally" tunned when they will probably do the same thing and u will probably not even like the sound. Everyone has their own taste.

I'd say yes and no. Are you running the PG comps active? If running active and totally lost on setting xovers, etc... then yes. If not then you really are only messing with EQ settings & gain, so I'd do it myself.

Other thing is that ideally your setup should be tuned to your ears, not someone elses. Meaning that the only equipment you need is your ears.

Personally I tweak mine every few weeks. For instance I'll bump up the midrange +1 on the HU and listen to it like that for a few days with a variety of music. If I like the new setting it stays, otherwise I'll change it again, but always small increments up or down and a few days to see what I think.

The thing is though, I have no idea what any audio adjustments on my headunit does. i have a 16 band equilizer. I just want to get a good start and maybe the tuner can teach me a little. I also have a bunch of settings on my amps and I really don't know which way to go for a better sound.

Up on down or hz? etc..

there is amp setting tutorial around here somewhere, that would help a little unless you already read it and it didn't help =X

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/woot.gif.aaa6090e619a97b6090d16dd863c5a69.gif for viets! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.