Professional car audio installers please help with advice???

Chevy Boy
10+ year member

Hook up 2 15" Kicker CVr's dual 2 ohm's to the Crossfire 1000.1VD.

My question is should I use a 2 guage amp kit or a 4 guage amp kit? Or 0 gauge?

And I was told that if you install a capacitor; it will decrease your spl; basically saying your sound want be as loud. Is that true?

Should I get a high power alternator? Or same wattage as stock alternator?

Or install 2 yellow top Optima batteries? One would be in the place of the stock battery, and the other would be in the trunk hooked to what?

thanks for advice

4Ga would be fine im sure but 2 or 0 is ok either....not true about the cap, yes u may want to upgrade your alt it will stop light dimming etc.....i dont feel it necessary to have 2 batterys but one is always good:)

Hook up 2 15" Kicker CVr's dual 2 ohm's to the Crossfire 1000.1VD.My question is should I use a 2 guage amp kit or a 4 guage amp kit? Or 0 gauge?

And I was told that if you install a capacitor; it will decrease your spl; basically saying your sound want be as loud. Is that true?

Or install 2 yellow top Optima batteries? One would be in the place of the stock battery, and the other would be in the trunk hooked to what?

thanks for advice
go 0 gauge that way you have room to upgrade.

cap would be useless doenst help and doesnt hurt anything its just eye candy.

dont need an HO Alt you would be fine just to do the "big 3" and you will be fine just serch "big 3" and do that.

no need for new battery "big 3" will be fine

Hook up 2 15" Kicker CVr's dual 2 ohm's to the Crossfire 1000.1VD.My question is should I use a 2 guage amp kit or a 4 guage amp kit? Or 0 gauge?

thanks for advice
Read your amplifiers manual if you have it and check whats the recommend size gauge wiring for that amp. My guess is that it's probably going to be 4 gauge.
No, installing a capacitor will not decrease your spl. It's just that people think it will increase it, which it won't really either. All it does is helps the subs hit certain notes. Also, if you heard it helps save your battery, BS.

What car are you driving? That will determain whether or not you need to upgrade your electrical. If anything get a High Output alternator first. Then a battery.

i do hope you realize the only way to get "power" from that 1000d is to hook it at .5 ohms, wich will most likely blow the crap out of your CVR's

2_2ohmDVC_05ohm.gif

you can NOT hook a pair of DUAL TWO OHM speakers to a one ohm load.

as far as wire, 2 or 4 should be fine. its only 1kw. so you arent going very high power wise. just make sure you fuse it correctly and have a good solid ground. if you want to upgrade to a 4 channel amp + your crossfire, you may want to do 0awg wire just for future speculation (iirc the crossfire vr1000d takes 4awg input) and get a distrobution block to split it to a 4 awg just before your amplifier (leave extra wire slack dont forget!)

as far as capicator and other electrical upgrades? i would wait till i got my stereo in to see if there are any electrical problems to begin with //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

when you figure out your lights are dimming - or your alt is squeaking, then think of possibly upgrading your alternator and\or battery //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

big-three under the hood is also another *CHEAP* electrical upgrade.

good luck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

A cap will not increase spl, or decrease it, it will stabilize the electrical system voltage from the sudden current draws of the amp when the subs are pounding. I would use the 4 guage wire, hook it all up, and let 'er rip. If you have problems with your headlights dimming with loud bass hits, the cap may help. If your battery light is on, or you need to jump start your car, charging system repairs are in order.

**** you should have gotten DVC 4. Don't run it in parallel if they are DVC 2.[/quote
If I hook three 2 15" Cvr's should they be dvc 2ohms or dvc 4 ohms?

In order for it to be a 1 ohm load? My will amplifier will be the 1000VD Crossfire or the Memphis 1000.1D.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.