Problems with TheBatteryMan

Being an outsider and just reading this thread it would make me think its fishy as well. You become a vendor with borrowed money for one month? And can't afford another month? Was there NO markup in the batteries? Just doesn't add up. This is just an outsider looking in.

with all this battery stuff getting thrown around and i think i read were someone "checked dekas" website to get info this powerware battery. Deka batteries are good right?

Being an outsider and just reading this thread it would make me think its fishy as well. You become a vendor with borrowed money for one month? And can't afford another month? Was there NO markup in the batteries? Just doesn't add up. This is just an outsider looking in.
does kinda sound funny... he was kind of "hawking" me to buy a battery from him

Sounds like thebatteryman wasn't prepared for "business". It seems he was just buying batteries from a third party with no real knowledge of batteries or business. When things went bad, he was unable to back up his "business" so he decided to get out quickly before things got really ugly. That's what I gathered from this thread anyway...

Sounds like thebatteryman wasn't prepared for "business". It seems he was just buying batteries from a third party with no real knowledge of batteries or business. When things went bad, he was unable to back up his "business" so he decided to get out quickly before things got really ugly. That's what I gathered from this thread anyway...

Exactly

Not too concerned about this, but i just bought an XS Power D3100 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif, hopefully itll all work itself out

In order to cover shipping costs, and have the prices stay where they were competitive, there was a lower than "average" markup. Non money was "borrowed". money was only used to cover a few costs, and thos few people have more than tripled their money that they initially put in. Like any other startup, i made sure they were taken care of first thing, while i wasnt even making a dime.

why would he do that, it seemed like it was going pretty well

drummer, things are/were going pretty well. But with christmas and a few birthdays to plan and stuff this month, i just didnt have the money FOR THIS MONTH. Never said jackshitt about cancelling forever, just flat out said i didnt have 50 bucks to dish out this month. But i paid it anyway, so i cant change that now.

To the guy "who has seen multiple threads go up about bad batteries" please show me all of these threads??? Beacasue as far as im concerned, other than this thread, noones said a damm thing about it.

The first sale i made was locally. Guy bought 2 c and d 134ah batt and 8-powerware 102ah batts. That was almost 2 months ago.

To the guy who had the bright idea that "i buy from a third party vendor". Well no shitt sherlock??? Im not a fuckking manufacturer!! who the hell else am i supposed to buy random brands and sizes from?? That was a real bright statement you had there.

And to the guy who said i "hawked" him. He asked a ton of questions first of all. 2nd of all, i only had 3 of these specific bateries that he wanted , the deka 105ah batts. he was super interested, he was gonna get them., this and that. Then one day he pmed me and said that he found some locally. Good for him. and thats where our conversation ended.

Its really quite simple amigo. I get money from a customer, box up a battery, and drop it off at the UPS store. Its not rocket science. Just so happened somoen got a battery that was in perfect shape when it arrived at his house, and magically, the next week after being on a standard battery charger, it was bad. And im expected to make that right?? u peoplemake me laugh

Nicholas from one business man to another you need to learn how to talk to people a little better even when your upset and mad now I will say no one knows for sure what happened here but it Appears a batt arrived in good shape and a week later died and apparently there is 0 warranty from you is that correct.

Its really quite simple amigo. I get money from a customer, box up a battery, and drop it off at the UPS store. Its not rocket science. Just so happened somoen got a battery that was in perfect shape when it arrived at his house, and magically, the next week after being on a standard battery charger, it was bad. And im expected to make that right?? u peoplemake me laugh
Again, screenshot where i said that. Why do you insist on putting words in my mouth.

Maybe that's the problem... you think its so simple. You're playing with peoples hard earned money. You don't present yourself as professional or understanding. I stand by what I said. You have no business sense and not prepared to do business. I'm not attacking you, I'm just making an observation based on what I have gathered from this thread. Its probably best you got out before things got really bad, because you weren't prepared for this.

Maybe that's the problem... you think its so simple. You're playing with peoples hard earned money. You don't present yourself as professional or understanding. I stand by what I said. You have no business sense and not prepared to do business. I'm not attacking you, I'm just making an observation based on what I have gathered from this thread. Its probably best you got out before things got really bad, because you weren't prepared for this.

Theres ur problem rite there. Youve only seen this thread. How can you make a determination on what kind of person, or buisness person i am?? Thats like going in to Chilis at one location, the food and service being terrible, and pretty much saying that chilis *****. You remind me of like a ceo or coo of a company. Its the out of sight, oiut of mind routine. You may come to the plant once a year, and you see 1 guy standing getting a drink of water. Whats your assumption??? That that guy is lazy, and he should be fired becasue hes always at the water cooler. How do you know that for the past 8 hours, he hasnt been busting his asss on the production line, to make your company profitable, and the one time you stop ny to visit the plant, you see hijm drinking water.

I dont feel attacked at all Mitch. I actually am enlightened. That so many of you, in such a short amount of time, can come to conclusions about what i do and how i do things. Fact is, its none of your buisness. I stand beside every thing i say and do. I still dont see where im at fault for this dudes battery, but whatever, you guys are all entitled to your opinions. You say im playing with peoples hard earned money. The people are paying for something that i have, and that they want. You act like a fool when you basically act like im scamming someone?? Who the helll have i scammed?? YOur an idiot

This is the only thread ive seen whrer anyone has had any type of problem with any of my batteries..

Since november , my collegues and myself have sold and shipped over 60+ batteries. So , you all you haters who think that im butthurt, or that youve changed my mind about doing buisness on here, you havent.

And yes Mitchell, it is that simpe. I have something people want.

1. They put in an order and send funds

2. I box up a battery and send it to them.

Mitchell, thats a total of 2 mind boggling steps it takes to complete a transaction. Not attacking me. Then why dont you DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU ACT LIKE YOU KNOW ME, dippshit

Nicholas from one business man to another you need to learn how to talk to people a little better even when your upset and mad now I will say no one knows for sure what happened here but it Appears a batt arrived in good shape and a week later died and apparently there is 0 warranty from you is that correct.
Dude, cmon. multimillion dollar company, nor am i selling dreams. Im a southern guy and could care less if i sell no batteries becasue someone doesnt like the way i talk "when im upset". The fact is im being blasted for something that ended when he said" the battery works great".

WHo am i ??? so these other guys who sell batteries on here// im not talkin companies. Im talkin about individuals that sell a batt here or there. No one would say anything if it was one of those guys that sold the battery. But since its me, everyones got something to say. its all good tho. IM boxing up 2 right now, then i will spray foamthe sides and top. Let it dry, tape it up, stick opn a label and haul to the ups store. Thanks much

Nick

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

JoeK

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
JoeK
Ringtown, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied