Problems with TheBatteryMan

This response is 2 parts.

Something is strange in both parties stories. From what I can gather, its hard to say if the battery actually failed under load or if it was drained too low and attempted to recharge the battery incorrectly.

Just because its an AGM or "maintenance free" battery, does not mean you can discharge it to a low voltage and charge it up 100% to the same capacity as before. You tend to "get by" maybe once or twice, sometimes never, on a fully drained battery. This is why its best not to let a battery drop below 11V, if you can help it.

--

People need to quit jumping on a vendor over 1 or 2 "bad" transactions. If you don't like doing business with someone because of what 1 other person said/did, then that is your problem. No need to troll someone around if it is none of your business. That is the job of the moderators/administrators.

If you see a company like Skar Audio, who is obviously ripping people off with B-stock sold as new A stock, that is another issue, and is unacceptable. Skar Audio is in the realm of deceitful tactics.

Back before the internet was so popular, people used to run their businesses however they wanted. If you didn't like a customer or didn't want to do business with someone, you said "fuck off", and never had to hear from them again. These days, people get drug through the mud over 1 or 2 transactions that didn't go 100% the way everyone wanted (but the intention was there!).

THE CUSTOMER IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT. Everyone is acting like a vendor or business HAS to give someone their money back on an electronics item. Some people forget that most automotive stores and other parts suppliers do not give refunds on electronic devices. It's the nature of the game, customers blow stuff up and want a refund. This is why companies like Circuit City, Good Guys, etc. went out of business with their "30 days, no questions asked" return policies. The consumers ran them out of business with abuse. Now every consumer expects that kind of warranty and gets butthurt when reality smacks them in the face. I've even had someone try to return a CAR that they bought for $3000 cash, 2 weeks later. What do people not understand about, "as is, where is"? If there is no warranty expressed or implied, you don't have one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The vendor has 2 choices. Give this guy a new battery and rub it in everyone's face about how "great" the customer service is OR chalk it up as a loss. I know it ***** to eat $100 or whatever over a battery, but its a way to win more customers with "outstanding" service. I've been in that posistion many times with customers I KNOW fucked something up, and want an item or service for free, because they feel entitled. If I give them that item or service, they are happy and tell their friends. I know it *****, but it can come back to you in Karma or at least return business ($$) if you don't believe in Karma. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

This response is 2 parts.Something is strange in both parties stories. From what I can gather, its hard to say if the battery actually failed under load or if it was drained too low and attempted to recharge the battery incorrectly.

Just because its an AGM or "maintenance free" battery, does not mean you can discharge it to a low voltage and charge it up 100% to the same capacity as before. You tend to "get by" maybe once or twice, sometimes never, on a fully drained battery. This is why its best not to let a battery drop below 11V, if you can help it.

--

People need to quit jumping on a vendor over 1 or 2 "bad" transactions. If you don't like doing business with someone because of what 1 other person said/did, then that is your problem. No need to troll someone around if it is none of your business. That is the job of the moderators/administrators.

If you see a company like Skar Audio, who is obviously ripping people off with B-stock sold as new A stock, that is another issue, and is unacceptable. Skar Audio is in the realm of deceitful tactics.

Back before the internet was so popular, people used to run their businesses however they wanted. If you didn't like a customer or didn't want to do business with someone, you said "fuck off", and never had to hear from them again. These days, people get drug through the mud over 1 or 2 transactions that didn't go 100% the way everyone wanted (but the intention was there!).

THE CUSTOMER IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT. Everyone is acting like a vendor or business HAS to give someone their money back on an electronics item. Some people forget that most automotive stores and other parts suppliers do not give refunds on electronic devices. It's the nature of the game, customers blow stuff up and want a refund. This is why companies like Circuit City, Good Guys, etc. went out of business with their "30 days, no questions asked" return policies. The consumers ran them out of business with abuse. Now every consumer expects that kind of warranty and gets butthurt when reality smacks them in the face. I've even had someone try to return a CAR that they bought for $3000 cash, 2 weeks later. What do people not understand about, "as is, where is"? If there is no warranty expressed or implied, you don't have one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The vendor has 2 choices. Give this guy a new battery and rub it in everyone's face about how "great" the customer service is OR chalk it up as a loss. I know it ***** to eat $100 or whatever over a battery, but its a way to win more customers with "outstanding" service. I've been in that posistion many times with customers I KNOW fucked something up, and want an item or service for free, because they feel entitled. If I give them that item or service, they are happy and tell their friends. I know it *****, but it can come back to you in Karma or at least return business ($$) if you don't believe in Karma. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

This "customer" got every penny of his money back. Thanks for the response to you up above^^ You actuaqlly seem like you have a head on your shoulders and not just mush like the rest of these clowns. Buisness is still just as good as it ever was. Get pm and text everyday about this or that. Actually got 31 pallets of mixed batts in on Friday at the shop. Deka, C&D , and Powerware. I dont know, and dont really care any more how the guy tore the battery up. Its all good. Debts are paid and life goes on. i myself have never been lucky enough to tear up things and get all of my money back. But whateves. HE got his, and im still gettin mines . so lets keep it movin. This thing that i do covers a few . New build log will be rolling in mby the spring.onthly bills, and so far has funded about 3500 out of a 6000 build i have going inmy cadillac. I alo saw the other day that theres a TheBatteryMan imposter?? I couldnt believe it. I had about 4 or 5 guys text me and tell me that someone stole my identity. smhlamf

TheBatteryMan

This response is 2 parts.Something is strange in both parties stories. From what I can gather, its hard to say if the battery actually failed under load or if it was drained too low and attempted to recharge the battery incorrectly.

--

This "customer" got every penny of his money back. Thanks for the response to you up above^^ You actuaqlly seem like you have a head on your shoulders and not just mush like the rest of these clowns. Buisness is still just as good as it ever was. Get pm and text everyday about this or that. Actually got 31 pallets of mixed batts in on Friday at the shop. Deka, C&D , and Powerware. I dont know, and dont really care any more how the guy tore the battery up. Its all good. Debts are paid and life goes on. i myself have never been lucky enough to tear up things and get all of my money back. But whateves. HE got his, and im still gettin mines . so lets keep it movin. This thing that i do covers a few . New build log will be rolling in mby the spring.onthly bills, and so far has funded about 3500 out of a 6000 build i have going inmy cadillac. I alo saw the other day that theres a TheBatteryMan imposter?? I couldnt believe it. I had about 4 or 5 guys text me and tell me that someone stole my identity. smhlamf

TheBatteryMan

Glad you got it resolved. Sorry you lost some money over the deal... I can't believe someone tried to steal your identity! What a bunch of BS... Some people need to get a life...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

JoeK

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
JoeK
Ringtown, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies