Problems with TheBatteryMan

Lol how the hell do you Fvck up a battery? Lmao
using a standard wetcell charger for hours and hours on end

90% of wetcell chargers have voltage right off the bat..as to where every agm charger i own STARTS with the battery resting voltage and slowly brings it up..

agm chargers clean the plates of the battery too and conditions them..

wetcell chargers do none of that..

YES u can charge a agm battery on a basic wetcell charger for a little time..but sustanied or multipul tries at this will swell that Fvuker up like a ball

alt is fine. without the powerwqre I get 14.4

excuse my typing as I'm on mobile

I'm using an interstate 75 in leiu of the piwerwqre temporarily. may not have the.capacity but it holds 14.4 on idle

It might be of best interest to take those bats/batt to a local Boat seller,and see if they can charge them up, and get some results..It may be possible that you have already damaged some inner cells due to the time of charging with the reg batt charger, rather than the trickle/digital boat batt charger..id get them checked out though at a local Boat seller,as they have excellent experience of these types of batteries, or a well known Motorhome/travel trailer facility..they will be able to let you know pretty much as soon as they are hooked up..They may charge very little to check out, or nothing at all..just a recommendation for you:santa:

Just to clarify:

(a) I never put the battery on a charger until after it has been problematic

(b) The alt is fine. It does 14.4V(14.9 if cold) without the powerware. The instant the powerware is connected, the entire system voltage drops.

© It's been 3 weeks of promises for a return but nothing.

(d) The battery resting voltage is 11.6 when not connected to anything. Load tester i have indicates full load under 6V

ok guys i MIGHT be new here but thats beside the point..i recieved a text about this 1st thign this MORNING straight from nicholas about this thread..

here is EXACTLY what he said.

dude got the battery was happy as hell to get it ..said his voltage was GREAT.. then he proceeded to charge it like its his religion..with a STANDARD battery charger for a entire week..

and NOW this guy wants his money back for something HE made happen...

fact of the matter is the guy got a awesome battery that all rest at 12.7 to 12.8volts and he proceeded to charge it for a week on a standard charger..
I never attempted to charge it until after it has been proven to be problematic. IT was a great battery, but after one day it went down the drain

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Also forgot to mention, the battery charger i used was a 10a trickle charger, fully automated and digital.

Just to clarify:
(a) I never put the battery on a charger until after it has been problematic

(b) The alt is fine. It does 14.4V(14.9 if cold) without the powerware. The instant the powerware is connected, the entire system voltage drops.

© It's been 3 weeks of promises for a return but nothing.

(d) The battery resting voltage is 11.6 when not connected to anything. Load tester i have indicates full load under 6V
:crap:Hmm, not good,especially C

I understand i **** at everything i do, but i didnt mindlessly kill this thing. The current batteries(stock+interstate megatron) work great, :/.

If anybody still thinks its my fault, do let me know.

ON an additional note, i have saved all PMs from and to nicholas mccabe about the whole thing.

And also, note (D) should be 8.5V, not 6

I understand i **** at everything i do, but i didnt mindlessly kill this thing. The current batteries(stock+interstate megatron) work great, :/.
If anybody still thinks its my fault, do let me know.

ON an additional note, i have saved all PMs from and to nicholas mccabe about the whole thing.

And also, note (D) should be 8.5V, not 6
save your money next time and buy a xs power

save your money next time and buy a xs power
I'm hoping to return this for $150 towards a name brand battery, Kinetik, Optima, or XS Power. Probably Kinetik due to price point

I'm hoping to return this for $150 towards a name brand battery, Kinetik, Optima, or XS Power. Probably Kinetik due to price point
Well whatever you do good luck.Hope this gets resolved to both parties likings.

didnt you learn about cheaping out on a battery jsut now and your going with another cause of price point?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

JoeK

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
JoeK
Ringtown, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies