Problems with TheBatteryMan

Do not take agm batts to auto stores as stated before. Their chargers will mess them up
That makes no sense at all.

How come you do not need a special alternator to run AGM batteries?

I have AGM batteries in my waverunner, atv, and motorcycle. I use the same charger that I use for all my other batteries on them, never had a problem.

If what you are saying was true then we would need to change the battery charger in the car aka the alternator to work with this new 'magical' battery, right?

[quote name='>>SQL

I have AGM batteries in my waverunner' date=' atv, and motorcycle. I use the same charger that I use for all my other batteries on them, never had a problem.

If what you are saying was true then we would need to change the battery charger in the car aka the alternator to work with this new 'magical' battery, right?[/quote']

I am going to quote myself here, it is bad to overcharge an AGM battery so using an old style analog charger is not recommended. However I have a digital charger (which works fine for AGM batteries) and I would assume that the auto parts store do as well.

Either way as long as the AGM is not overcharged it will be fine.

Nicholous is out of town right now with no Internet access. Feel free to message me and I will get you in contact with him.

[quote name='>>SQL

I have AGM batteries in my waverunner' date=' atv, and motorcycle. I use the same charger that I use for all my other batteries on them, never had a problem.

If what you are saying was true then we would need to change the battery charger in the car aka the alternator to work with this new 'magical' battery, right?[/quote']

[quote name='>>SQL

Either way as long as the AGM is not overcharged it will be fine.[/quote']

If you have an issue with anything feel free to message me instead of quoting me every time I post something.

I've purchased and received a battery from TheBatteryMan (105ah powerware).
Battery worked great at first, but over time the voltage held went down over time. At times, with no load, it would not go over 13.8V.

Then suddenly one day the entire system voltage would not go over 12.8V with the powerware connected..

Long story short... battery will not charge and will kill a battery charger.

Attempted RMA and resolution(replacement) for 3 weeks+ now. Attempted to reply to a PM from nicholas mccabe, but since the inbox was full i decided to get some real action done.

With no helpful information, i created a PayPal dispute and will attempt to work things out before i escolate it to a claim. At this point i am requesting a full refund with return of product.
IF you used a regular battery charger on it YOU messed the battery up.Hows that the sellers fault??

If you have an issue with anything feel free to message me instead of quoting me every time I post something.
I have ZERO problems with you at all.

I was discussing the info you gave as I went right to Deka's website and got the information from there.

Do do not need a special charger, you need one that turns off voltage when the battery is charged, which I believe every digital charger out there does.

This is a forum and information is obtained by discussions. If I am wrong with what I am saying discuss how.

If you are right I will be the first to say so. But making blanket statements saying a 'special' charger is needed is not correct.

ok guys i MIGHT be new here but thats beside the point..

i recieved a text about this 1st thign this MORNING straight from nicholas about this thread..

here is EXACTLY what he said.

dude got the battery was happy as hell to get it ..said his voltage was GREAT.. then he proceeded to charge it like its his religion..with a STANDARD battery charger for a entire week..

and NOW this guy wants his money back for something HE made happen...

fact of the matter is the guy got a awesome battery that all rest at 12.7 to 12.8volts and he proceeded to charge it for a week on a standard charger..

People that screw up their own s hit and blame it on something or someone else should be deleted....lol.You f uck it up just be a man and move on and learn from it.wtf??

ok guys i MIGHT be new here but thats beside the point..i recieved a text about this 1st thign this MORNING straight from nicholas about this thread..

here is EXACTLY what he said.

dude got the battery was happy as hell to get it ..said his voltage was GREAT.. then he proceeded to charge it like its his religion..with a STANDARD battery charger for a entire week..

and NOW this guy wants his money back for something HE made happen...

fact of the matter is the guy got a awesome battery that all rest at 12.7 to 12.8volts and he proceeded to charge it for a week on a standard charger..
IF* that is true then the OP cooked his AGM battery by overcharging it.

That is why, as rebelfromVA has said, the proper (digital) charger is required or you will destroy the battery.

In defense of THEBATTERYMAN, the op has very little electrical knowledge (none) at all.

That was made clear in the thread about how to wire LED lights into his car.

[quote name='>>SQL

That is why' date=' as rebelfromVA has said, the proper (digital) charger is required or you will destroy the battery.

In defense of THEBATTERYMAN, the op has very little electrical knowledge (none) at all.

That was made clear in the thread about how to wire LED lights into his car.[/quote']

its 100% true ive been talking to nicholas about it all morning

hell i joined this forum JUST to put my word in on this .. because he is out of town right now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

JoeK

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
JoeK
Ringtown, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies