problemed head units???WTF

sub-FATHER
10+ year member

Resurecting this sport
denver, CO.
my problem is when i turn my volume up and really lay into my 4 18's my face goes black on my KENWOOD HU, this has happened to two different models now. and while it goes black my music stays playing and i cant turn it down. i loose all control and the only thing that works is the pause on my remote, occasionally my flashdrive even skips, but i jus need to put it somewhere else than in my dash.

but who makes a good head unit these days, one thats not gonna get destroyed from the earthquake inside my van.

are there any perminiant indash HU that are 4 v pre out and still top line

or do i have to get a touch screen? which i think would reeeally flop around.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

seems maybe the face plate comes loose and isnt making a good connection..happend to my pioneer 490 once pushed the face plate in and it came right back up..

With my Kenwood, I noticed it dont like having the remote turn on used for my big amps. After wiring the turn on lead into a toggle switch directly from the battery it dont speraticaly shut down.. Also look into a kenwood music keg.

Or if you're baller enough get a CarPuter.

seems maybe the face plate comes loose and isnt making a good connection..happend to my pioneer 490 once pushed the face plate in and it came right back up..
Same here, occasionally the face on my sony deck will just go out and come right back on from vibration, the face plate moves quite a bit, its a motorized face and the way my dash is slanted, i have the tilt all the way out. At one point two of the screws holding the face mechanism on, even fell off, i found one and put it back on and is fine now. But ya, im thinking either bad connetion from the face to radio.

no thats not it. i just called kenwood. it happens when the driver is a ***. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

whenever i see your posts i usually do lol. its been playing for like 5 minutes now lol.
Sweet lemonade!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Also OP, if you are worried about 4v pre-out, you aren't even seeing 4v at your amps.. You might find some nice Eclipse HU with higher preamp voltage.. or get a line driver.

Also OP, if you are worried about 4v pre-out, you aren't even seeing 4v at your amps.. You might find some nice Eclipse HU with higher preamp voltage.. or get a line driver.
got a maxlink so prevolts are not an issue. but this is the second head unit from kenwood to do this, even the flash drive skips when i burp it and the whole head unit resets from the shock.

are there any good perminant indash units anymore so the faceplate isnt an issue.

got a maxlink so prevolts are not an issue. but this is the second head unit from kenwood to do this, even the flash drive skips when i burp it and the whole head unit resets from the shock.
are there any good perminant indash units anymore so the faceplate isnt an issue.
ah gotcha!

thats odd the flashdrive is skipping, its quite hard to make those skip. Have you double checked all of your connections? only options I see is if you are willing to pay for an Eclipse HU or possibly relocate your current HU to some place where it wont see as much vibration. Have you held the deck in your hand and tried it from there?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.