problemed head units???WTF

ah gotcha!
thats odd the flashdrive is skipping, its quite hard to make those skip. Have you double checked all of your connections? only options I see is if you are willing to pay for an Eclipse HU or possibly relocate your current HU to some place where it wont see as much vibration. Have you held the deck in your hand and tried it from there?
no. thats why i want a perminant stereo, so there are not those connections on the back of the face to worry about. come on... like im going to worry about my face plate being stolen. if someone gets in my van the whole van is gonna be gone. the stereo is the least expensive item in my entire van.

Every in-dash HU will have the connections. Can't say I have ever seen one without them. I would relocate the HU and/or play around with it to see if it stops skipping if its not mounted in the dash.

Get a deck w/o a detachable face. That would eliminate all contact issues.

Don't use remote turn on from the deck find a diff acc wire. Amps could, but shouldn't (it's just a relay wire no real amperage draw), draw too much power.

Don't use internal amp in HU, it causes too much internal heat.

I have a combo MDA-7755 + CDA-5755 both with fixed faces. Bought from Japan. American versions have detachable faces.

There are older decks that won't allow for your newwer features such as USb and BT but there are good ones out there:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPINE-MDA-W955J-CAR-DOUBLE-DIN-CD-MD-STEREO-EQ-RADIO_W0QQitemZ230388071395QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers?hash=item35a432fbe3

Almost positive its not the shock or vibration causing your problem...several competitors I know had similar problems with their Kenwoods and it was caused by too much voltage drop. Kenwoods apparently hate low voltage or voltage dips. They solved the problem by putting a small (like .5farad) capacitor on the power lead.

Get a deck w/o a detachable face. That would eliminate all contact issues.
Don't use remote turn on from the deck find a diff acc wire. Amps could, but shouldn't (it's just a relay wire no real amperage draw), draw too much power.

Don't use internal amp in HU, it causes too much internal heat.

I have a combo MDA-7755 + CDA-5755 both with fixed faces. Bought from Japan. American versions have detachable faces.

There are older decks that won't allow for your newwer features such as USb and BT but there are good ones out there:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPINE-MDA-W955J-CAR-DOUBLE-DIN-CD-MD-STEREO-EQ-RADIO_W0QQitemZ230388071395QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers?hash=item35a432fbe3
I have said this before.. but what do I know:rolleyes:

Seems as if it's helped other peoples same problems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.