problem with stock alarm on 99 Accord

Participant count
  • Participant list

nauc
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
USA
my car has a chip in the key and lately when im driving, my car dies and sometimes its kinda hard to restart. when this happens, a green key light on my dashboard flashes. if the key is wearing out, would this happen. i figured if the key was going out, it would be hard to start but my car wouldnt die when im driving it.

thoughts?

thanks

might be the ignition more then the key. had ur key near any mags? that could also affect it. is it the chip like the 04 gms are lil black thing in the metal part?
my key looks like this..

hondaaccord2000key.jpg

i check Hondas website for recalls, there was one for the ignition switch, put in my VIN number and it said my cars already been fixed for that but the description matched whats been happening to me, which was...

it causes "the engine to stall without warning. Although the engine will restart in most cases, if your engine stalls while driving in traffic or at highway speeds, you're at risk of being involved in a crash. Difficulties starting the engine (for example, hard-to-start, stalls immediately after starting, etc.) may indicate that the ignition switch is failing."

tho i used a different key today, drove it 60 miles and it never stalled on me. yesterday with the old key, it died on me like 4 times within 30 miles. but today, it was hard to start, it clicks but i have to rev up the engine cause it wants to die

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.