Problem With Amp/Sub Install! Please Help!!

bigrose
10+ year member

Ok first of all my car is a 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan w/Bose No Nav.

Some of my audio was installed today. I only wanted to add a sub to my stock Bose for now. The components used in the install were:

AudioControl LC6

Kicker Solobaric 15" Old School Round

JL Audio 500/1

JL 2ga power wire

0 to 4ga distro block

Tsunami RCAs

Everything sounds 1000x better. But there is a HUGE problem. When I turn the car off, the sub comes on with a continuous low tone that is very loud. This only happens for about 30-45 seconds, but it shouldn't happen at all. If I turn the radio off in the car while the ignition is on and I am driving, I get no tone. It only happens when the car is turned off, and it happens everytime the car is turned off.

The shop I use says it could be because the LC6 is a signal sensing unit and goes off like 30 seconds after the car is turned off. That seems logical, but it shouldn't cause the woofer to come on like that, right?? Is there some way around this permanently? What should I do?? For now I'm just taking one side of the speaker wire out of the sub box when I turn my car off. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Lots of head units in newer vehicles stay on for awhile after the vehicle is turned off. If this is the case, then the remote lead will still be supplying power to the amplifier. Take a DMM to the remote lead and test for voltage after you turn the car off. If it's getting power, consider putting in a switch and running the remote lead straight to a constant line, or running it to a different switched power source.

x2 on the switch. But what do you mean it's a signal sensing unit, it turns on when the RCAs go on or off? I think if both the amp and the LC6 have a good remote lead it shouldn't happen.

x2 on the switch. But what do you mean it's a signal sensing unit, it turns on when the RCAs go on or off? I think if both the amp and the LC6 have a good remote lead it shouldn't happen.
From what I understand, the LC6 continues to send a signal to the amp even when it isn't getting one from the head unit. This is to minimize any problems with the amp turning on and off when you change CDs or radio stations or whatever. If I am wrong here, and there is a good chance I may be, please somebody correct me.

I understand about the switch and it sounds like a good idea. But wouldn't turning the power to the entire radio/head unit/system do the same thing as a switch does? I ask because even if I am not listening to the radio and have a blank screen on my head unit, there is still that sound from the sub when I turn off the car. The radio can be off and everything will be fine, but the minute I turn the car off the sub hits that low continuous note.

Thanks very much for the help, guys. I appreciate the input.

I run a switch for my stereo. I like being able to listen to the stereo with the car off or shut it off entirely if I wanna not listen to it. I have no idea how that happens with your car though, the amp and the LC6 should shut off as soon as the stereo does.

where did you get the remote wire from the stock Bose hu?

and if a switch is too much hassle you can just run a wire

from the Radio fuse since thats triggered by the key.

where did you get the remote wire from the stock Bose hu?and if a switch is too much hassle you can just run a wire

from the Radio fuse since thats triggered by the key.
The remote wire currently is taken from the Bose amp in the trunk. But that Radio idea is a good one.

Again, thanks alot for everybody's help.

Just a quick follow-up for anyone interested. All too often I run a search for something and find a bunch of unfinished threads. Anyway...

The solution ended up being alot easier than we (my buddies and I) had expected. Yesterday, when installing everything, we tapped into the remote wire from the OEM Bose amp to provide the remote for the LC6. The LC6 then provided the remote wire to the JL sub amp. That is what caused the amp to come on when the car was turned off. We simply gave the LC6 and JL amp independent remote wires, both from the OEM Bose amp. Problem solved.

Thanks again for everybody helping out. The car sounds 10000000x better and I don't even have my mids and highs in yet!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.