Prob quitting car audio...

It seems when the car is neutral or parked, the v slowly or doesn't go down. Then when I drive it drops like .1 per second, jumps a bit, randomly (never past 11.8v) then drops to 10.0, then voltmeter just says Lo so I honestly don't know how low it goes, the motor just turns off

****! Thats alot of wires, ive done like 3 of those, but I dont have much wire left... And that altima is different from this 5th gen, but it is pretty interesting

Looks like your car has a "smart charging" system. It actually only charges the battery during periods of reduced engine load. Which really doesnt make sense to me. Lol.
Yea when it was stock it would sometmes be at 12v, then when I would stop accelerating going like 30mph+, the voltage would jump to 14.7, but sometimes it would stay at 12, or 13 when lights on. Its dumb

****! Thats alot of wires, ive done like 3 of those, but I dont have much wire left... And that altima is different from this 5th gen, but it is pretty interesting

Yea when it was stock it would sometmes be at 12v, then when I would stop accelerating going like 30mph+, the voltage would jump to 14.7, but sometimes it would stay at 12, or 13 when lights on. Its dumb
Those are grounding spots used to stop voltage drop since they use h/o alts in racing also.

Its common in the altimas. I still think you have a excite wire issue.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

So even when you gas it, you dont even get past 11 volts? Basically not charging at all right? How about when you turn on the Air conditioner?
Exactly, and no I put loads on it and it drops about .2-.3 per thing, lights, ac, etc

If you haven't contacted DC about this yet, I suggest you quit.
Obviously I did, they were closed/busy yesterday Saturday and today too obviously

Those are grounding spots used to stop voltage drop since they use h/o alts in racing also.
Its common in the altimas. I still think you have a excite wire issue.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
All I can think from this is... Racing Altimas? o_O XD nah jk but I have like 3 of those done and i've checked every cable and they all hold the same V as the battery itself, including the amp itself

So even when you gas it, you dont even get past 11 volts? Basically not charging at all right? How about when you turn on the Air conditioner?
The "smart charging" system isn't designed for it to charge more when you gas it. Actually it charges when decelerating or idling from what I understand. It's meant for min drag on the engine to increase gas mileage. Not like the ELD system where it ups voltage when needed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.