Price Increase

Still don't get why people complain about higher prices. Pretty obvious they don't look around much or even price to compare on more things/items bought at the store. You expect to pay the same amount year after year? Not gonna happen.

Happens every year. Average price increase is roughly 3% or so. Movie tickets at a theatre is a good example. Here, it's dam near 12 a person. Tires. I remember paying 65 bucks a tire for my once had s10 blazer. Now, there about 3x that amount. Material increase, shipping increase, supplier increase, it all adds up. Prob based on demand and/or sometimes such as fruit/vegetables they always go up based on bad weather or lost of crops.

Airline tickets. They're always fluctuating. How about gas prices. Wouldn't it be nice if it was always $2.00 a gallon?! Again, goes back to the roots of why it fluctuates.

Thanks for the breakdown. I might just get a ZV5 18 instead of an NSV3. I know they were due to come out in June sometime. Has a price been set on those?
Yes I do have those prices ready for the launch -- whenever our Z v.4 inventory is depleted or June (whichever comes first) I will launch the Z v.5 models :

Z v.5 10 -- $659.99

Z v.5 12 -- $689.99

Z v.5 15 -- $739.99

Z v.5 18 (NEW FRAME ONLY) -- $869.99

This puts them about $200 less than an NS v.3 at each size level (~20% less) -- and with improvements in design techniques I've made over the years... you are getting performance very close to an NS v.3 at that price. In fact -- we are actually using the NS v.3 voice coil in the Z v.5 line.

That being said... expect to see an NS v.4 before the end of 2016 since the Z v.5 has crept in so close to the NS v.3

Yes I do have those prices ready for the launch -- whenever our Z v.4 inventory is depleted or June (whichever comes first) I will launch the Z v.5 models :
Z v.5 10 -- $659.99

Z v.5 12 -- $689.99

Z v.5 15 -- $739.99

This puts them about $200 less than an NS v.3 at each size level (~20% less) -- and with improvements in design techniques I've made over the years... you are getting performance very close to an NS v.3 at that price. In fact -- we are actually using the NS v.3 voice coil in the Z v.5 line.

That being said... expect to see an NS v.4 before the end of 2016 since the Z v.5 has crept in so close to the NS v.3
Pics?

Still don't get why people complain about higher prices. Pretty obvious they don't look around much or even price to compare on more things/items bought at the store. You expect to pay the same amount year after year? Not gonna happen.
Happens every year. Average price increase is roughly 3% or so. Movie tickets at a theatre is a good example. Here, it's dam near 12 a person. Tires. I remember paying 65 bucks a tire for my once had s10 blazer. Now, there about 3x that amount. Material increase, shipping increase, supplier increase, it all adds up. Prob based on demand and/or sometimes such as fruit/vegetables they always go up based on bad weather or lost of crops.

Airline tickets. They're always fluctuating. How about gas prices. Wouldn't it be nice if it was always $2.00 a gallon?! Again, goes back to the roots of why it fluctuates.
Simmer down over there bud. All I was saying was that I looked online and saw a difference and price. Just wanted an explanation on why the change. Jacob already explained why the increase was out in place, so there's no need to put your 2 cents in and keep elaborating on the subject. I asked a question and got an answer from the owner of the company which is what I wanted. No third party, know it all with sarcasm was to comment, but thanks for your input lol

Z v.5 10 -- $659.99

Z v.5 12 -- $689.99

Z v.5 15 -- $739.99

Good stuff. Might keep saving for the launch of the NSV4 then. I'm really not in a hurry at the moment. Got a wedding in july that needs to be paid for, so end of 2016 for the NSV4 might be perfect. Thanks for the reply.

** Motor Only Photo

** Video of a Z v.5 15" prototype I built up for a customer (Doug Fabio)

** Another photo

Car Audio Classifieds

** Photo while I built a 12" prototype (right)

Car Audio Classifieds

** Another Z v.5 (left) vs the Z v.4 photo

-----

A few highlights of the changes made compared to the Z v.4 Rev.2 :

1) Shorting Ring 33% thicker in the magnet ID

2) Motor OD increase from 220mm to 234mm

3) Magnet stack increase from 75mm to 102mm

4) Optimized motor air-flow further

6) Natively lower inductance coil (NS v.3 coil being used)

7) Increased linear excursion (longer coil)

In the end the parameters are not terribly different from the Z v.4 Rev.2 other than inductance & x-max so they can be a direct drop-in.

Distortion is reduced quite a bit due to the inductive changes & higher linear x-max, though... and thermal power handling jumps quite a bit thanks to the NS v.3 coil.

Reading the rest of the thread might help ;-)
I read it. 12 inch woofers with wide surrounds, high xmax, great SQ for nearly a grand. That's right in line with the 12W7. Albeit with a little more power handling. Just pointing out that it's reaching the territory JL did which had a lot to do with why companies like RE, Soundsplinter, Adire, etc became so popular.

** Motor Only Photo

** Video of a Z v.5 15" prototype I built up for a customer (Doug Fabio)

** Another photo

Car Audio Classifieds

** Photo while I built a 12" prototype (right)

Car Audio Classifieds

** Another Z v.5 (left) vs the Z v.4 photo

-----

A few highlights of the changes made compared to the Z v.4 Rev.2 :

1) Shorting Ring 33% thicker in the magnet ID

2) Motor OD increase from 220mm to 234mm

3) Magnet stack increase from 75mm to 102mm

4) Optimized motor air-flow further

6) Natively lower inductance coil (NS v.3 coil being used)

7) Increased linear excursion (longer coil)

In the end the parameters are not terribly different from the Z v.4 Rev.2 other than inductance & x-max so they can be a direct drop-in.

Distortion is reduced quite a bit due to the inductive changes & higher linear x-max, though... and thermal power handling jumps quite a bit thanks to the NS v.3 coil.
Good stuff!

Simmer down over there bud. All I was saying was that I looked online and saw a difference and price. Just wanted an explanation on why the change. Jacob already explained why the increase was out in place, so there's no need to put your 2 cents in and keep elaborating on the subject. I asked a question and got an answer from the owner of the company which is what I wanted. No third party, know it all with sarcasm was to comment, but thanks for your input lol
This isn't sarcasm....but really real world facts. I'm allowed to express my opinion on here with some facts weather you like it or not. After all, this is a forum for everybody, not when you choose for me.

I was taking it one step further for everybody else interested in reading, not directly towards you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SAZCLASSD

10+ year member
"Ballin' Aint A Problem"
SAZCLASSD
Mechanicsville, VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date