pretty sad

until I can see pictures or even in person

subs from certain companies

amps from more that don't look exactly the same minus minor changes I will go with snoop on this.. I saw a skar 8 the other day and literally LOLed.. the EXACT same as a Sa-8 minus sundown used gloss paint on their baskets..

I don't know how many amps that are the same.. rd audiopide sundown DC etc etc some barely go out of their way to change em past the stock look..

not saying all of all of your products are identical those are just examples..

So a triple stacked skar motor with chromed top and bottom plate looks the same as a double stacked non chromed sa-8
Yeah, I never understood the connection people tried to make between the Skar and SA woofers...they don't look the same.

SA-8.jpg

VVX-8_05.jpg

There was indeed a time where nearly all "internet subs" had the same 12 spoke basket. Not so much anymore.
What's wrong with using the same 12-spoke basket? Cutting cost while providing a good product is important to a company, so if the tried and trusted 12-spoke can be used, and I assumed at a good price, then why not use it? It certainly didn't mean that the woofers were in any way, shape, or form "identical", or even closely related. I certainly wouldn't want to pay more for a different or custom tooled basket without getting a noticeably improved speaker.

only difference was mine were glossy the skar was not..
A skar 8 and an SA8 look nothing alike. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif They are completely different motors from top plate to bottom plate. I believe they even use different soft parts. So how are they even comparable?

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

Not to mention different baskets... lol

only difference was mine were glossy the skar was not..
Well then you don't have a SA-8. From my understanding all SA-8's have double stacked motors, and the new V2's have a custom tooled basket and a motor that looks nothing like the Skar.

Also, the skar basket looks pretty glossy to me. So I cant understand where you're getting any of these comparisons...when only thing that is the same IS the gloss paint on the baskets. Lol

until I can see pictures or even in personsubs from certain companies

amps from more that don't look exactly the same minus minor changes I will go with snoop on this.. I saw a skar 8 the other day and literally LOLed.. the EXACT same as a Sa-8 minus sundown used gloss paint on their baskets..

I don't know how many amps that are the same.. rd audiopide sundown DC etc etc some barely go out of their way to change em past the stock look..

not saying all of all of your products are identical those are just examples..
Okay... so comparing an SA-8 to the VVX-8 is just silly... the only parts in common with any version of the SA-8 ever produced :

1) Triple joint ring

2) Frame Spacer

3) Terminals

4) Frame

Those are literally the ONLY parts in common.

Honestly... if you are unable to tell the SA-8 apart from a VVX-8 I would suggest not trying to compare the internals of amplifiers which are much more easily confused.

Stock boards absolutely do exist for amps at the Korean build houses (as I mentioned earlier) -- even on stock boards SOME tweaking can take place. The SAZ-1500D v.1 had three revisions and gained a few hundred watts along the way and was based on a "stock" board design... then the v.2 departed to an entirely new board designed around our spec -- aimed at reducing the footprint of the amplifier. I am currently working on a v.3 as well which is entirely different than either.

There are quite a few amp companies that are happy to sell the stock product and sometimes even in a stock casing -- and for the most part the stock product is good so it's not a huge problem -- but there are also those of us that prefer to have our own stuff... and understand enough about it to create a superior product based on what happens to products in the field. Will they still resemble the "stock" stuff ? Sure -- to a certain extent... no need to fix aspects that are not broken and create other issues. As 99% of forum goers are not really savvy on the design they will quickly group two amps as "the same" even if they aren't.

Okay... so comparing an SA-8 to the VVX-8 is just silly... the only parts in common with any version of the SA-8 ever produced :
1) Triple joint ring

2) Frame Spacer

3) Terminals

4) Frame

Those are literally the ONLY parts in common.

Honestly... if you are unable to tell the SA-8 apart from a VVX-8 I would suggest not trying to compare the internals of amplifiers which are much more easily confused.

Stock boards absolutely do exist for amps at the Korean build houses (as I mentioned earlier) -- even on stock boards SOME tweaking can take place. The SAZ-1500D v.1 had three revisions and gained a few hundred watts along the way and was based on a "stock" board design... then the v.2 departed to an entirely new board designed around our spec -- aimed at reducing the footprint of the amplifier. I am currently working on a v.3 as well which is entirely different than either.

There are quite a few amp companies that are happy to sell the stock product and sometimes even in a stock casing -- and for the most part the stock product is good so it's not a huge problem -- but there are also those of us that prefer to have our own stuff... and understand enough about it to create a superior product based on what happens to products in the field. Will they still resemble the "stock" stuff ? Sure -- to a certain extent... no need to fix aspects that are not broken and create other issues. As 99% of forum goers are not really savvy on the design they will quickly group two amps as "the same" even if they aren't.
We all know that those terminals make the subwoofers look and perform the same! You cant fool us any more! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif And you mean we shouldnt assume that since a Sundown amp has a circuit board and a flea market amp has a board that they are both the same amps? And that every amp with "Made in Korea" are the same exact amp as others with "Made in Korea" on the box? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif Some people just go out of their way to act like they know more about this stuff than they really do. Its pathetic. If the product is good, I dont care if it came off the shelf as-is, or if Sundown custom widdled the speaker terminals from solid gold. A good product is a good product. But people make these comparisons when all they know is Amp A has a blue board and so does Amp B so they must be the same and perform the same. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

what bothers me is everyone has become so cheap that amps have to be made overseas.

i want made in the U.S.A. mono blocks that are put together by americans and have a higher quality!

i miss the 90s //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/censored.gif.f9ad8e7c6db58c5530c5a0a20a3b5baf.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.