May be going with an AB XFL 12"... Should I be thinking bigger?

akillj
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
CA
I'm pretty set on picking up an AQ 2200D, to power an American Bass XFL 12". ( I know these can handle wayyy more then rated. )

Should I be thinking bigger? I know they have a 15" version, but no D2 Voice Coil version with the new style.

I was looking at some FI products.. But I don't know what would be best for me. I think I might step it up and get a 15". I want to put it in a 2000 Civic trunk in a 32hz ported box. I may face it forward and seal it off. I'm thinking a 15" would aesthetically look cooler then a 12 facing forward.

Suggestions on 15's? Or should I just stick with the XFL 12?

They do have a d2 version I just got one last week but you have to get them from Ab or a dealer like me. Not from the Internet dealers They are not authorized dealers anyway

They do have a d2 version I just got one last week but you have to get them from Ab or a dealer like me. Not from the Internet dealers They are not authorized dealers anyway
I looked on their website and did not see a D2 version. I looked online and did find one, but it was the old style. I'd prefer the new style. Budget will be around 250 give or take.

why set on the aq2200D? ever looked into the crescendo audio bc2000d? same as the aq2200D just a little cheaper (if your buying new). They come from the same build house and the boards are pretty much the same. might let you spend a little extra on the sub if you went with the bc2000d over the aq2200d since they are pretty much the same.

why set on the aq2200D? ever looked into the crescendo audio bc2000d? same as the aq2200D just a little cheaper (if your buying new). They come from the same build house and the boards are pretty much the same. might let you spend a little extra on the sub if you went with the bc2000d over the aq2200d since they are pretty much the same.
They may use the same boards and build house but definately not the same amp. Look at the guts

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Is it the new style?
Yes new style

They may use the same boards and build house but definately not the same amp. Look at the guts 

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Yes new style
Why haven't they listed it on the site? This confuses me.

^ I read somewhere that the dude that runs AB hates using the net lol maybe thats why. BTW, is there really that big of a difference from the new style compared to the old style??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.