• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 903
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

What difference does the different voltage levels on the preouts make? like say u have 2 volt preouts or 5 volt preouts.... sounds like the higher the voltage ones are better but why?

higher voltage output decks drown out background noise(that light hiss noise) with a more powerful signal than a lower voltage deck would, and also allows you to run a lower gain setting on your amplifier(amps like their gains low).

Unless you're into competition it doesn't make a **** bit of difference. Most amps can accept anywhere from 0.2 - 6 volts for their input. 2 volts is right in there.

my system got louder when I got a hu with more preout voltage, it sounds better to, so dont say it dont make a **** of difference unless you know what your talking about.

so dont say it dont make a **** of difference unless you know what your talking about.
see, its unregistered people like you that get us members mad. why come on and talk down on other people. if you insist that he is wrong, then just state your point. dont come out, state your point, and then say and he is wrong btw. its unnecessary. anyways, i'll second him in his quote of

Unless you're into competition it doesn't make a **** bit of difference. Most amps can accept anywhere from 0.2 - 6 volts for their input. 2 volts is right in there.
and i'll use stones point to backup my argument. sure u can get a louder system with a higher preout volt headunit, but its only because u can turn ur gains higher. and if u knew what u were talking about, then u'd know a gain is not a volume control. if u matched the gain from ur amp to ur headunit on a 4 volt preout headunit like its supposed to be match, and did the same on a 2 volt preout head unit, the output would be the same. the only thing the 4 volt headunit could provide is a higher gain setting, which would give it more power, but would cause it to blow ur speakers quicker, so if thats what u wanna do, go for it, but the way i see it, it doesnt really make that big of a difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.